Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter if he comes with two masks. The classic mask is not supposed to look like that, it looks like a 10$ halloween mask. Don't get why people feel the need to defend it and resort to wild mirror climbing.

It does look pretty bad, IMO. That part would stay in the box.

Doesn't matter if he comes with two masks. The classic mask is not supposed to look like that, it looks like a 10$ halloween mask. Don't get why people feel the need to defend it and resort to wild mirror climbing.

And I don't get why people take every opportunity they can get to bash them. It was a crappy pic , but that's it. We know nothing about what was shown there . There's no need for wild mirror climbing.

And I don't get why people take every opportunity they can get to bash them. It was a crappy pic , but that's it. We know nothing about what was shown there . There's no need for wild mirror climbing.

Why have I yet to hear the term 'mirror climbing'? Is this a Sideshow Freaks exclusive term??? :lol

I see both sides of perspective here. Ultimately, Sideshow is darned if they do, darned if they don't. I do think some decisions are questionable though, BUT I do think they try. I have no ill will towards them. I've been frustrated sure, but they're still my go-to statue peeps. :rock

This is the pic, just to refresh memory.
I can agree it's not properly assembled, I can agree it's missing an arm, I can agree the fabric is not fitting as it should, I can agree the pic is low quality.
But that face plate shouldn't be like that. Easy. The whole "quality of the pic" argument is moot, that face plate looks like poorly painted paper, it should have a metallic finish and the screws around eyes and mouth should look like, you know, actual screws. It's not a matter of "bashing" them, it's just calling what we see for what we see, and it looks like ****.
If there was any fine explanation, we would know it. Yet the fact that nobody bothered to clarify what was shown and given Sideshow's record with Legendary Scale Figures (which is, easily, one of their worst line ever) speaks volumes.

OrOKII9.jpg

Why have I yet to hear the term 'mirror climbing'? Is this a Sideshow Freaks exclusive term??? :lol

I see both sides of perspective here. Ultimately, Sideshow is darned if they do, darned if they don't. I do think some decisions are questionable though, BUT I do think they try. I have no ill will towards them. I've been frustrated sure, but they're still my go-to statue peeps. :rock

I've never heard of the term either, which is why I repeated it :wave. I'll have no problem returning this if it doesn't live up to standard. There's plenty of better things out there.

Lol, I literally translated a saying from my language, I've done a quick search and the english equivalent should be "clutching at straws".
It's funny because young people here started to use "mirror climbing" (in english) as if it really exists as a saying in english/american language... but I just discovered it doesn't :D

people take every opportunity they can to bash them because Sideshow thinks they can get away with these retarded price points and slacking QC. not to mention the ES's doing whatever the hell they want.

Who has proven they can't get away with what you say? I still see SS selling more than every other company combined and basically doing whatever they want. Wait til pics of the actual item show up before judgment is made.

...which proves my point.

i don't need to, every other statue in the LSF line has bombed, and with that twitter pic it looks like Doom isn't going to be any exception to the rule. mind you i want more than anything to be proven wrong since Doom is my biggest fictional love, but I have no faith whatsoever in SS.

Well, I hope this works out for everyone involved and lives up to the hype.

One thing we can all agree on: Doom and collectors deserves awesomeness. :rock

I saw this piece at SDCC the past two years, and it's awesome. If I wasn't saving for a house, I'd have ordered it long ago. Hope the real thing is as nice as the proto, which was exceptional.

I saw this piece at SDCC the past two years, and it's awesome. If I wasn't saving for a house, I'd have ordered it long ago. Hope the real thing is as nice as the proto, which was exceptional.

I think that's the question people are debating right now: Will the final piece look like the proto?

I realize it rarely does, but hopefully, it delivers. I have no 'dog' in this fight, but I'm quietly hoping it does.

I think that's the question people are debating right now: Will the final piece look like the proto?

I realize it rarely does, but hopefully, it delivers. I have no 'dog' in this fight, but I'm quietly hoping it does.

Yes, hoping this turns out well. Come on ssssssss

SS should do that, give us updates on their project, esp on DOom LSF.

Back