Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhino definitely seem more resistant to chip or broken as compare to other SS statues.

Rhino definitely seem more resistant to chip or broken as compare to other SS statues.

Ummmm....People were filling cracks in Rhino with putty from Home Depot like crazy...

Also, DIM weight based on box size means your charged through the 'A' no matter what.

I dont think Doom will be as bad as Rhino...Guess it comes down to how they pull off the armor.

Can't stop looking at pics of this from the last couple SDCCs.

Even though I think the pose is poor (or rather, the choice of using the yearning, open palm hand language with this character is), the amount of fine detailing and use of fabric is kind of...exhilarating.

Can't see pre-ordering it- especially not when they are going to whack you for $400 immediately.
Nor can I really afford it in either space or money, but that's not stopping me from furiously trying to come up with ways to rationalize/swing this next year.

If I don't end up keeping the Wolverine LSF (it's going to have to really impress me at this point once I have it in hand otherwise it's going back asap), I'll almost certainly jump for this one.

Can't stop looking at pics of this from the last couple SDCCs.

Even though I think the pose is poor (or rather, the choice of using the yearning, open palm hand language with this character is), the amount of fine detailing and use of fabric is kind of...exhilarating.

Can't see pre-ordering it- especially not when they are going to whack you for $400 immediately.
Nor can I really afford it in either space or money, but that's not stopping me from furiously trying to come up with ways to rationalize/swing this next year.

If I don't end up keeping the Wolverine LSF (it's going to have to really impress me at this point once I have it in hand otherwise it's going back asap), I'll almost certainly jump for this one.

Hope it works out for you Mose :hi5: I for one am really looking forward to having Doom in my collection regardless of weight or lack of ES :)

SS will get sued for someone breaking their back while trying to carry this if it's 100 pounds :lol. For owners of Mark 3, is it correct the weight is 11kg as advertised? Does it feel like Rhino quality?

If it's fibre, then the price of SS should be similar to Imaginarium Art LSF, around $850 :dunno... Which has ES of about 500.

SS will get sued for someone breaking their back while trying to carry this if it's 100 pounds :lol. For owners of Mark 3, is it correct the weight is 11kg as advertised? Does it feel like Rhino quality?

If it's fibre, then the price of SS should be similar to Imaginarium Art LSF, around $850 :dunno... Which has ES of about 500.

Unfortunately Imaginarium Art don't ship outside of Asia...or at least that's what I was told :dunno

The detail on this is just amazing.

I had choice of picking this up or the Iron man and I chose Iron man.

One day he'll be in my collection.

It would be a hell of a lot more than 100lbs if it were solid.

This I will agree with but honestly the Conan Fury of the Beast is already a pain to carry, can you imagine if this were full polystone????

If the Conan dio were full polystone it's weight would be approximate to the og Hulk PF. Heavy yes, but not impossible to manage. Dio at 30lbs is not to difficult. I still prefer that over a hollow piece like Rhino any day of the week.

ANY LSF should not have that hollow feeling to it. I'm not saying it has to be back breaking, just not hollow.

If the Conan dio were full polystone it's weight would be approximate to the og Hulk PF. Heavy yes, but not impossible to manage. Dio at 30lbs is not to difficult. I still prefer that over a hollow piece like Rhino any day of the week.

ANY LSF should not have that hollow feeling to it. I'm not saying it has to be back breaking, just not hollow.

Seems like Sideshow already made their decision to go the with the super hollow statue and no amount of complaining will change it. What we need is a competing company to start putting quality statues in the same price range but a lot less hollow. Sideshow will quickly pay attention.

SS seem to hold every license out there. Imaginarium, XM studio, the Brazil company need to compete ASAP.

Back