Media DOOM (Doom 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see Doom3 is getting some love, I replayed it recently and it was quite frightening and tense, plus it still looks great even on a **** PC like mine.

it was scary at the beginning, but it gets bored & cheap after a while. what they do is spawn enemies behind you.

Yeah I love Doom 3. It's not perfect, but it's fun and stress-inducing. It was flat-out terrifying the first time I played it, and even though I've beaten it a bunch of times and know where most of the "Boo!"s are, the vibe just makes you feel bad - in a good way.

What I've seen of 4 isn't super promising. It looks like Doom 3's aesthetics, but compromised with their "Fine, here's lots of enemies just like the old games" attitude. Which just serves to weaken every aspect of the old Doom's and 3's strengths.

I'll still play it, and have some hopes, but the hopes are starting to dwindle.

Played the alpha or beta, can't remember which. It was basically just your old school quake/unreal arena shooter. If it's any evidence of how the game will be, this seems like an easy pass.

They actually spawn from any direction, I don't know, maybe modern games just make older games better by comparison.

it's pretty scripted, if they do it randomly the scare factor would have lasted longer. and when i say longer i don't mean after you replay it the 2nd time. there are games that just scares you from start til near the end, and Doom 3 ain't one of them. Jump scares are like Crying Wolf, doesn't really work after the 3rd/4th time. and they didn't give it a rest, if they stopped the jumpscare a while and suddenly jumps you, it would have added more tension, you know, at those moments where you don't expect it.

Release Date is May 13th

$120 Collector's Edition
nRSJU25.jpg

Available on XBone, PS4, and PC at Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Bethesda's Store

Last edited:
Trailer looks ok, kinda like the music.

I might get it if Angry Joe and Bunny say it's good.

But seriously, Videogame artists need to get some taste, sick of the overdesigned stuff.

Having played Doom 3 recently and the originals, I might get this, especially that Collector's Edition. But what I'm seeing isn't much different from Doom 3...the cinematic kills are cool, but I feel like they probably need more. At the same time, a straight forward shooter that doesn't seem ashamed of its roots beats some of the shooters like CoD and Destiny :lol

Yeesh, I thought us star wars fans complained about everything and were never satisfied, that was, until I found this thread

I mean I will give it a look, but these days I rarely give into pre-game hype anymore.

Plus they lost me with 3, so we will just have to wait until it comes out.

Waiting for inhand pics! :p

The original DOOM formula, get from point A to point B and kill everything along the way in FPS was ground breaking when the game released. It started a new genre. But, I think most gamers today look for a more cinematic experience when it comes to the single player campaign. If all this is, is run and gun, it's going to be a multiplayer game and little more. I think it could still sell well as that because there are a lot of people who just multiplay, but players like myself who are not so into that and like a story may not find this one very interesting. I loved DOOM 3 because it had a good story, had scares, and good graphics. Big open maps, lots of mobs to kill, and gory kill animations are fun for a bit, but I think I would get bored fast on what I've seen thus far. Amazing graphics though.

A cinematic experience has nothing to do with making everything look like a generic modern shooter and having generic gameplay.

Apparently they are at least fixing gameplay elements with the beta, like making the stupid melee kills optional.

Nothing that can be done about those awful designs though.

I'm not really talking about gameplay so much as game content. When I talk cinematic, I mean people that want a story/plot and experience that pulls them into the game rather than just carnage.

Back