Media DOOM (Doom 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That first one was a cinematic; no in-game footage. Wonder if we've perhaps hit a plateau in game graphics, but if they have one of the Crytek guys working on it, we might get some improvements by the time it actually ships out.

Wasn't there a beta for this that came with wolfenstein or something if you bought it...or some game I got a while ago? when's the beta?

EDIT: Here it is...got it with wolfenstein. Guess we just wait till they announce the beta.

DOOM Beta - Register

Completely underwhelmed and disappointed, enemies still look like homogeneous generic aliens instead of Doom monsters, same as Doom 3 but D3 had better designs, and the game at least was fun.

The e3 footage almost made me hate it with the retarded audience reaction, it was all nod-to-previous-games/Easter egg/dumb-gore-stunt and the crowd went "WOOOOAH" :slap it made me question whether if gamers in general have good taste nowadays...

Which is weird since in concept everything I was expecting was kinda "there", but the execution doesn't feel very fun.

The single FPS I was excited for since idk, ages.

I don't know if my gamer heart is dying (which isn't likely since I just played Hotline Miami 2 and ended pumped as ****), or if they simply stopped making interesting original games... It's all the same now, I can count the upcoming games that truly excite me with one hand.

I guess I'll still buy it, since it's the FPS that looks less sucky in years to come, that's how ****ed up the genre is.

I don't know...it looks pretty bad a$$ to me. At least it looks to be going back to it's roots in terms of game play. It's pretty nonstop action.

In terms of "non-stop action" the franchise has never actually detoured from that, action is there, it just looks unimaginative, dull, repetitive and plainly not fun to me.

Same as the new Wolfenstein, too "m0deRn" and too generic, gameplay looks like it lazily hits the right notes but it lacks all the oomph.

I've seen the trailers a couple times now, and I hate the designs a bit more every time, it's like a mix of Evolve and Destiny, I don't get the Doom feel at all.

Well, there's still a year before release, hopefully somethings will improve, but considering the rule of thumb is games being worse than what they look in their e3 unveiling, my expectations are ground low now.

yeah i dont like the way it looks, too new and bright looking. I liked doom3 as it was new but still looked dark and gritty. I can't really look at those screenshots and say that that's doom. :dunno

Completely underwhelmed and disappointed, enemies still look like homogeneous generic aliens instead of Doom monsters, same as Doom 3 but D3 had better designs.

Which is weird since in concept everything I was expecting was kinda "there", but the execution doesn't feel very fun.

I don't know if my gamer heart is dying (which isn't likely since I just played Hotline Miami 2 and ended pumped as ****), or if they simply stopped making interesting original games... It's all the same now, I can count the upcoming games that truly excite me with one hand.
I'm with you.
WTF is wrong with monsters? Basic ones are as generic looking as ****, like extremely downgraded variants from D00MIII.
Pain elemental, Mancubus and Cyberdemon - bosses from a major MMORPG.
Modern futurism with edgy looking weapons and blue holography all over the place. Blegh...

The animation and level desings are fine, but not cool.
Not enough gore.
The lack of silliness and hilarity when interacting with monsters gonna make the repetitive action boring and dragging.

Again, "Brutal D00M" has it all.

The e3 footage almost made me hate it with the retarded audience reaction, it was all nod-to-previous-games/Easter egg/dumb-gore-stunt and the crowd went "WOOOOAH" :slap it made me question whether if gamers in general have good taste nowadays...
Most of them (if not all) are either paid journalists, casuals or even pewdiepie watchers.

:rotfl Brutal Doom is awesome, I've never beaten it though, I do replay Doom 1 and 2 every once in a while, Doom 1 is my favorite.

I know right? Enemies in D3 were kinda generic looking (some were cool though) but you could at least tell them apart from each other :lol here is, small enemy, medium size enemy, big enemy :lol and they don't look anywhere near the original designs.

Yeah I liked the levels too, I mean the tech is there but seems devs just don't have creativity anymore.

That ending in the Hell gameplay, which was supposed to be the big "woah" moment, did absolutely nothing for me, cause dat didn't look like no Cyberdemon to me oh no, m-hmmm!

Just no pleasing some folks.
And some folks are too easily pleased.

yeah i dont like the way it looks, too new and bright looking. I liked doom3 as it was new but still looked dark and gritty. I can't really look at those screenshots and say that that's doom. :dunno
Yeah, me neither.

It looks alright. It looks better than most FPS nowadays IMO something about the movement. All they need to do us make it a 'bit' faster and pop in a couple more unique designs if they already haven't.

I have no problem with it and am definitely looking forward to playing. It's mindless carnage not an epic story I'm expecting. I'm assuming there will be a significant campaign not like Destiny or Titanfall where it's multiplayer based? That being said, if it was another game not Doom I probably wouldn't get it.

Looks too fast paced and not tense enough like how Doom III was with the use of the flashlight.

Back