Statue Dol Guldur Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with Eowyn?

looks like someone who just got her life force sucked dry by a vampire.

1468059216c95813ece4785eea055baa3136e5e325.jpg

Nice to finally see a Galadriel statue that actually resembles Cate Blanchett. Looking forward to picking this one up.

Meh. I'm bored with Arwen and find Tauriel to be one of the weaker aspects of the Hobbit trilogy (also just saying... she's no Tolkien woman :lecture)

If anyone needs revisiting, its the Dernhelm version of Eowyn. The previous Weta statue had a nice pose but the face looked nothing like Miranda Otto. Hell it barely resembled a woman period. And its not like we'll be seeing one from Sideshow anytime soon. I know we're getting the white dress version soon, but I do hope we see another shot at her armoured costume in the near future. :eowyn

:goodpost: Completely agree with you there! And yes a new Dernhelm Eowyn would be good. I do have that piece but the face definitely could be better...especially seeing as it's such a great moment from the film. :)

I decided to PO Galadriel at Entertainment Earth. No NRD required and free shipping worked for me this time around. I don't want to miss out on her small edition size and she's the perfect representation of the character (an important Middle-Earth one mind you) and the best statue of Cate made yet.

man no love for lotr anymore? i remember this section used to be very popular with drama and posts. nowdays noone seem to care anymore even though weta is releasing a lot of pieces.

SS bailing on all their lines is most of the problem. I don't collect much weta, the SS stuff was more popular here. Statue forum is mostly a ghost town too.

It's boring around here, I give you that. But at least I have more time to PO things when they go up for sale since they aren't as popular as they once were.

Weta has been putting out a ton of awesome statues lately though and it's a shame that most people don't bother to check them out. 1/6 Weta and general LOTR pieces are what I'm focusing on collecting these days.

My first time here in some time; used to come here multiple times daily. Mostly got sick of the boxes and find Weta extremely overpriced for what you get. The company is given such a pass by its customers for spotty quality and ridiculous prices. Anything OE is a train wreck to sell if you have to, so there's nothing very collectible about a lot of it. My 2 cents.

My first time here in some time; used to come here multiple times daily. Mostly got sick of the boxes and find Weta extremely overpriced for what you get. The company is given such a pass by its customers for spotty quality and ridiculous prices. Anything OE is a train wreck to sell if you have to, so there's nothing very collectible about a lot of it. My 2 cents.

I just went through 3 smaug busts to get a good one so I know what you mean. One was even a shoddy hack repair job from another customers return. I am also upset today I missed an orthanc pre ruin EX for cheap, which is one of the only weta pieces I am looking for.

Largely agree... especially with customers giving them a big tick of approval. Weta for me has been a big disappointment the last few years. With LOTR and Hobbit not having much a profile in the collecting community anymore one would think Weta would be going out of their way to differentiate themselves from other companies, but they have done very little to make their product or themselves desired. All the criticisms one might call SS on, high prices + ES, increasing shipping costs, lack of QC and customer input could all be attributed to Weta (to say nothing of their ridiculous PO system)... a real pity as Weta have had an opportunity to really set themselves apart from the competition, but all they have done is more of the same old, same old... a real pity.

I can't really agree as I've had nothing but positive experiences from with recent Weta products. I think their sculpting has improved significantly in recent years which is why I have jumped on board with them.

I wish Weta would release more LOTR goodies. We need a new Aragorn since the SS one is insanely pricey now.

I have this also on preorder. It would be extremely great if I just could afford two of these. ..one for the Dark Galadriel repaint.

Got it on pre-order aswell. Just started collecting recently. Only have Gandalf & Radagast so far. Really looking forward to Galadriel. Legolas may be the next one I'm getting.

Daniel Falconer has seemed very positive about seeing the other two Tokien women (Arwen and Tauriel) revisited in the next year or so. :)

I am really hoping for another Tauriel statue in the future. The current statue(s) go for ridiculous amounts now.

shes been crying all night for her cousins death, i
think weta captured her look at that particular
moment in the film accurately.

I agree wholeheartedly. Looks like a great likeness and overall piece. The trouble is there's so many great statues and so little space...and funds.

I agree wholeheartedly. Looks like a great likeness and overall piece. The trouble is there's so many great statues and so little space...and funds.

I rewatched the scene, I didn't recall her looking that bad(plus the earlier weta proto did not either). She was upset and losing hope, but more stern and not that broken down like the statue.

Last edited:
I rewatched the scene, I didn't recall her looking that bad(plus the earlier weta proto did not either). She was upset and losing hope, but more stern and not that broken down like the statue.

the head sculpt is quite close to the film imho.
lady of rohan.jpg

It looks exactly like what I said, thank you for proving my point. Sculpt is fine, but paint makes it look like she was balling her eyes out, it is too shiny.

Back