Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus @inyacher

please, share with your team to look into Elrond figure wearing a robe.

The armored version is cool but not his iconic look.

1637350205675.png

Thank you

Last edited:
I didn't either; nor did I see Gimli as a figure of fun as portrayed at times in LOTR.

Maybe it's just what Boyens said - they didn't want another wise old man wizard like Gandalf or Saruman.

I think Jackson & co. went overboard; but I'd still like to see what ASMUS would do with the costume.
Actually I want the 5 Wizards and it’s never going to happen.
Just a dream

If we're talking second issues of characters - I think Eowyn, Boromir and Faramir could all use an upgrade before Elrond gets one. The armored version they put out was really good. That said, I would be interested in the Council robes if they made that version.

If we're talking second issues of characters - I think Eowyn, Boromir and Faramir could all use an upgrade before Elrond gets one. The armored version they put out was really good. That said, I would be interested in the Council robes if they made that version.
Faramir? Isn't Faramir one of the most recent figures from Asmus released just this year? There are many older releases like Saruman, Gimli, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Bard, Tauriel, Thranduil, etc. that could use big updates.

Faramir was released at least two years ago. Before the pandemic. And the figure had a ton of problems. Most notably the sculpt.
I see, Faramir was released in June/July 2020 so about a year and a half which I believe is still very recent. Yet there are many other figures I named that are older releases (2016 etc.) with way more outdated head sculpt than Faramir except for the Gimli (but he could use chainmail upgrade)
1637523431449.png
1637523510983.png

However, this thread is about Elrond so I guess we should not really change the topic to the other characters. I agree that Elrond head sculpt is fairly decent and does not need an immediate upgrade but I was talking about another outfit, not a new head sculpt.

Cheers

Last edited:
Could have sworn Faramir was from 2019. I guess I stand corrected.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for reissues of the Hobbit figures. I know they said Thranduil is coming eventually but it’s been said multiple times that Hobbit stuff doesn’t sell well and they’re probably going to focus on LOTR with Hobbit sprinkled in. I would think Tauriel is probably a distant future, if ever second version.

Could have sworn Faramir was from 2019. I guess I stand corrected.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for reissues of the Hobbit figures. I know they said Thranduil is coming eventually but it’s been said multiple times that Hobbit stuff doesn’t sell well and they’re probably going to focus on LOTR with Hobbit sprinkled in. I would think Tauriel is probably a distant future, if ever second version.
I've reached to Asmus directly (Facebook and here) just recently and I was told that Asmus will still be releasing The Hobbit figures in the future and that they do not understand where the collectors read the rumor about Asmus not releasing more figures from The Hobbit trilogy is coming from. They specifically asked me where I read such a thing :D

Guys we won’t get Council Elrond from FOTR because he has a crown. I’m just being realistic plus Arwen needs someone to pose with and Anduril is already being made. Everyone assumes it would come with Black Gate Aragorn and he may but it could come with ROTK Elrond first.

Back