Doing a Rambo costume for halloween, is it ok to walk around with all-black toy gun?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^yes, i was planning on doing all that. i dont have fake blood at the moment, gotta buy some, but yeah i plan on making the big cut on the arm and by the eye like in the movie. and yeah, ill see if i can find a good insta-tan lol. i ussually tan very well, thanks to my itailian heritage lol, but it hasnt been that sunny lately.

Be very, very careful if you do. Just a couple of years ago on Halloween a cop shot a guy in costume with a gun who was inside a house at a party and the cop was outside looking in a window.

But that's LA.

LOL well im in PA and prolly be in NY too. but i am hearing alot of stuff about LA on this site. whats up with that place huh? does it have alot of crime or something?

Don't take it to the mall. Even if you don't get shot you may get arrested even with the cap.

Just my 2 cents.

Better idea!
Question:
Where did you get the cool looking ammo clips?

at that "spirits" halloween store, it seems like a chain halloween sytore since ive seen them in multiple places, not sure if youve got any in your afrea. but i asked the guy if they had them and he wasnt sure, but as i walked to around i think the kids section they were right in the front in plain sight. they were about 8.99 for 1 pack with a 60 inch long belt. i got 2 packs and that seemed to be enough for the outfit. i wa surprised at how cool they looked, not toy-ish looking at all.

ok guys, i added something pretty important to thge costume...the Knife. i went to the army store today and i didnt expect to find it, but the guy had the friggin Rambo: First Blood Part 2 knife! the official one, and maan is it freaking awsome! its beautiful, and will go great with the costume! in fact, i wound up changing up the costume to be more like FBP2 with the all black. i even added black bow and arrows (cheapo toy one that i spray painted), kept the awsome looking clips, and added a sling to my fake-rifle. the knife will be hung and tied to my leg, ill get pics up this week of my "improved" costume. not that i dont like the First Blood look, but i think the black with the red bandana looks cooler for a costume. anyway, heres the knife:

it was originally 130 bucks, but the guy lowered it to 90 since i wanted it so bad lol

Be very careful. Do not point it at anyone even in a joking manner. Many stories of people with toy guns being shot by police because they were called about someone with a gun.

Be very, very careful if you do. Just a couple of years ago on Halloween a cop shot a guy in costume with a gun who was inside a house at a party and the cop was outside looking in a window.

But that's LA.

:lecture I remember hearing about that too. Just be super careful. If someone did want to go blow up people at a party or something...Halloween would be the perfect time to do it...everyone would assume it's just someone in a costume.

That is an awesome costume you have there and I love the knife. I carried around my Kurgan sword once to a party on Halloween. Thinking about it now, I was probably pretty lucky no one called the cops on me when they saw me walking down the street since that same year there was a nutcase in downtown Seattle who was threatening people with a sword. He didn't get shot by the cops but they did knock him down with a firetruck hose.

thank you for the warning and compliment! yeah i plan most of the time to have the knife sheathed. but its sad cuz it looks so awsome! btw jen, are you a girl or guy"? lol

Last edited:
Costume looks pretty good, try weathering the clothes a bit though. the bandanna looks way to vibrantly red. and try to find a replica M60 or ditch the M16A2 since it never appeared in first blood.

and as far as the toy gun goes, I carry knives and replica guns with me every year and I never have a problem. It's Halloween, Cops are trained, just dont be a jackass like the people you hear about getting shot the F up

Costume looks pretty good, try weathering the clothes a bit though. the bandanna looks way to vibrantly red. and try to find a replica M60 or ditch the M16A2 since it never appeared in first blood.

and as far as the toy gun goes, I carry knives and replica guns with me every year and I never have a problem. It's Halloween, Cops are trained, just dont be a jackass like the people you hear about getting shot the F up

thanks for the advice, i hope i have no trouble either. i look at it as, its only hallween and if cops see some guy dressed as rambo ans think its real, something is wrong with THEM not me. i also was thinking of weathering my bandana. i actually updated it and added 2 "tails" like the one in Rambo 2. but how should i go about weathering it while keeping the red color intact? also, about the gun type, im not going for EXTREME accuracy. i dont know if i'd be able to carry around that huge thing around lol. much easier to carry that plastic m16.

and like i said, i changed me costume up a bit, going for the more "black" look seen in rambo 2. i will try to get pics of it up tommorow and see which version you guys like better lol.

Back