Dog Alien LSB??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when do we think they ll announce a NEW alien LSB? i m getting very impatient…. tempted to sell my 4 diorama aliens to fund this set…. but will prob wait til i see ALIEN3 bust - if we ever get one?! there seemed to be a lot of QC issues with the ALIENS version… so maybe thats what is holding things up?

These concept sketches? That’s the Alien from Resurrection. The good news for Dog is that the character has made it into all of SS Alien lines so far. I think…

View attachment 144000

Looks like Resurrection Warrior (top left), Grid Alien (bottom left), and Big Chap (right). I'd think the Dog Alien is a lock to make it into the LSB line at some point soon (likely next in line). I'd think the Resurrection Warrior will make it too since it was in the 1:5 line. They could just do another small run for it if necessary. Not so sure about the Grid Alien, but it'd be cool to have. The more the merrier I say. Can't have too many Aliens and Predators.

I do wish we will be able to get life size dog and resurrection alien busts and it will be great if they can come from ADI mould.
If they're still based on sideshow original sculpt which normally sucks on Alien and Predator line, and with current awful QC issue, still easy pass for me.
Most likely I will go for sano's dog alien bust and pretty sure there is no way sideshow's 'future dog alien LSB' can match sano's quality and accuracy.

Speculation doesn't need a thread :wink1:

Yeah, but you know damn well once this is announced and a proper thread is created, it will be merged with this one...

It is time SSC kick the factories making these right up the Arse! The Warrior was really nice actually until hammer hands started packing them.

Yeah, but you know damn well once this is announced and a proper thread is created, it will be merged with this one...

It is time SSC kick the factories making these right up the Arse! The Warrior was really nice actually until hammer hands started packing them.

Really sorry to hear about your Big Chap, Matt. I got off very lightly with the quality of mine compared to yours & Col's.

Sideshow sculpts are great, the factories they choose to replicate their prototype are awful.
I wouldn't say sideshow did a great job on big chap lsb because clearly it miss a few distinct features of big chap in the first movie. But if you are not keen on screen accuracy then it's a good sculpt. Same as alien warrior lsb.

The only alien maquette I care about is dog alien. That's why they'd better associate with ADI for their future alien product, by having ADI logo on the base, I will consider to purchase them even with sideshow's current QC problem.

This line has taken a very artistic approach, I doubt very much that will change for the Dog. I'd love a screen accurate Big chap in 1:2 or even 1:1, but these are great non the less.

And thanks Matt, I got off lighter than some myself, it is just disheartening. Still haven't bothered vhecking it over properly, it's getting dark now so I'll probably do it tomorrow.

If it's anything close to this I'm sold. Despite the issues I had with my Big Chap, I feel like this piece could be a redeemer.
Alien3_05_zps02a20193.jpg

The slated skull under the dome where it begins to go clear is killer. What an awesome design.

Nice one, Dr Tongue. Something like that would be awesome, indeed.

As disappointed as I am with the quality of my Big Chap (insert joke here) I was very impressed with my Warrior & so I'd still be all in for a Runner LSB.

Nice one, Dr Tongue. Something like that would be awesome, indeed.

As disappointed as I am with the quality of my Big Chap (insert joke here) I was very impressed with my Warrior & so I'd still be all in for a Runner LSB.

The Warrior was really nice imo, just the amount of damage that let it down. The sculpt and even the paint apps were excellent though.

The Warrior was really nice imo, just the amount of damage that let it down. The sculpt and even the paint apps were excellent though.

I agree. As much as I was hoping the Big Chap would trump the Warrior, it did not. Warrior definitely took the cake. So much more detail in the sculpt.

I think I will get that Sano dog alien bust very soon. But still a ADI licensed dog alien bust will be the ultimate dream.

Totally agree with Dr Tongue, warrior lsb looks better than big chap. I still can not believe those images shown how bad the big chap teeth is. Looks almost like Neca 6 inch alien figure. Being honest, nowadays I expect Neca more than sideshow on alien stuff.

that Sano bust is about £2k tho :( its amazing and hope sideshow's follow its lips/mouth/tongue design as they haven't yet got its lips/angry mouth as good as the sano design

Back