Does SS have more love for Marvel than SW?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
I cut SW PF some slack in the likeness department. Human likeness Vs Comics likeness is not even a fair comparisson.

i know, i was going to mention that. but i just wish SW had a little better likness for the scale and price.

Not all Marvel exclusives are all that great.. Spideys camera?..

I agree with that. Sheesh.

Still, that didn't stop me from ordering it. I need him to compliment my Wolverine PF Exclusive.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Not all Marvel exclusives are all that great.. Spideys camera?..

*gay voice* hello...

What's so 'Gay' or 'lame' about it? That is how Peter made his money, by setting up his camera to take pictures of himself as Spider-Man and selling them to JJ. It was a fitting exclusive in my opinion.

The ill Jedi said:
What's so 'Gay' or 'lame' about it? That is how Peter made his money, by setting up his camera to take pictures of himself as Spider-Man and selling them to JJ. It was a fitting exclusive in my opinion.

i would prefer to have seen his Black and White costume.

^^exactly. i think when it comes to an exclusive item it needs to A. be something that pertains to the character and the movie/cartoon/comic...B. makes you say "dam, i wish i would've gotten on the exclusive!!!"

~~by the way my angst deals mostly with with the Boba Fett exclusive item.

The Boba Fett PF exclusive item sucked!

Still I don't get how that really affects the Marvel line and why based just on this you'd think SSC like Marvel better. As others have said, it's a valid point that you can't compare sculpting a comic likeness to an actor likeness, getting the likeness of an actor has got to be much harder, so straight away that gives the edge to the Marvel PF's.

Also even with the SW novels and movies, Marvel characters have forty plus years of monthly continuity, often in several different comic books at a time, adding up to thousands of stories. Captain America has featured in far more stories than Boba Fett, so again because of that you've more looks and props to choose from when coming up with an exclusive item.

It's just circumstance but IMO both lines rock and are treated fairly by SSC.

Khev said:
So does that mean that if SS ever did a Superman PF that a cool exclusive would be a pencil and pad of paper? :D

No, glasses and that hat with "Press Tag" in it. Lol...

I love both Marvel and SW but I will have to admit that the Marvel PFs are more interesting that the SWs. Look at the Hulk for example, one gray and one green, and the reason I'm staying out of this line is because I'd have to have them both! I'd probably have to have both Caps too to display one in 1940s garb and one in the Modern Age garb. Of the Star Wars PFs I haven't seen one yet that has made me want to get it exclusive, while the Marvel has had a lot. Just my two cents....

The ill Jedi said:

Glad you like it. In my opinion the exclusive blows some serious ass.

Khev said:
So does that mean that if SS ever did a Superman PF that a cool exclusive would be a pencil and pad of paper? :D

LoL!

Of the Star Wars PFs I haven't seen one yet that has made me want to get it exclusive, while the Marvel has had a lot. Just my two cents....

I have to agree on that, even though the Boba Fett PF is pretty nice.

Back