Does Sideshow follow a certain pattern when producing Marvel comiquettes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are the chances that SSC will produce another Wolverine or Iron Man modern comiquette? I missed out on them, and it seems I'm not the only one with that regretion.

I'm more than sure that Wolvie will be revisited in PF format sometime soon, but with the amount of Iron Man stuff SSC has been pumping out it may be a while 'til we see another Comiquette of him.

U might have to go to the bay brother or maybe just get the non-ex versions of those Com's and it would be cheaper.

Do u like the Wolverine and Iron Man Com's that are currently out or would u like them to be remade into something else?

U might have to go to the bay brother or maybe just get the non-ex versions of those Com's and it would be cheaper.

Do u like the Wolverine and Iron Man Com's that are currently out or would u like them to be remade into something else?

Yes I like them the way they are...but im not ready to pay $800 for a statue - it's just nuts. Obviously if they'd release another version of either of them, I imagine they will make them different, for variety...unlike bowen.

Yes I like them the way they are...but im not ready to pay $800 for a statue - it's just nuts. Obviously if they'd release another version of either of them, I imagine they will make them different, for variety...unlike bowen.

I hear yah, yeah they are pretty up there in value these days but phenomenal at the same time!

Wolverine is more likely to be seen revisited in PF form than comiquette and if its done I guarantee you we'll see either an Astonishing look or a Brown costume version. As for Iron Man unless Tony changes the suit dramatically I don't think you'll see a modern version anytime soon. There are plenty of other armors for them to play with when it comes to IM

*sigh* yeh...but it would have drained me financially...I mean with the price I'd have paid for a wolverine or IM comiquette, I could get loads more of that same quality, or even a 1:1 bust.

*sigh* yeh...but it would have drained me financially...I mean with the price I'd have paid for a wolverine or IM comiquette, I could get loads more of that same quality, or even a 1:1 bust.

This is tru as well, there's tons to get that are brand new out in the SSC choices, it's hard playing catch up. I had to at a point to get my grails but it's all down hill from that point on. Up coming and new releases seem way more affordable after obtaining a few grails here and there.

Well if you don't want to spend the money than all you can do is ride it out until Sideshow decides to redo each character.

Very cool Sig BTW! :rock

This is tru as well, there's tons to get that are brand new out in the SSC choices, it's hard playing catch up. I had to at a point to get my grails but it's all down hill from that point on. Up coming and new releases seem way more affordable after obtaining a few grails here and there.

Aha, and usually new releases are suposedly an improvement over the older ones.

Aha, and usually new releases are suposedly an improvement over the older ones.

Well in terms of statues like the PF's and Com's they've all seem pretty good, it's the 1/6 stuff that I see improvements on the sculpts, that and SW was really not looking that good in the past.

The Han PF looks terrible to me, so does some ole school Luke 1/6 figs but Marvel has been pretty solid in that aspect. I'm tryn to think of a Marvel PF that I really don't like the look of besides not liking the character and I really can't think of one.... :dunno

All the older stuff is out of scale and unique to itself. The Logan PF is way out of scale with the comic character. It'd be in scale if he was 6'5". Wolverine Comiquette is out of scale as well. Most collectors don't care but it makes it difficult for some in their collections. I would imagine that any new Wolverine product would be scaled to the rest of the pieces appropriately.

...I'm tryn to think of a Marvel PF that I really don't like the look of besides not liking the character and I really can't think of one.... :dunno
I think the doll hair on Elektra threw me off and the scale and teeth of Magneto as well.

Did they intentionally make Logan PF so big headed?
I think he was meant to be a more stylized version of Logan, not necessarily what's been in the comics.

I think the doll hair on Elektra threw me off and the scale and teeth of Magneto as well.

I think he was meant to be a more stylized version of Logan, not necessarily what's been in the comics.

Yea, Chapter 2099 is goin to kill me again for this but I never liked the Elektra PF or the character, it was totally out.

The Magneto teeth are pretty botched... :lol

Back