Does Firefly take a while to get into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's well worth it!!!
It's like Stargate Universe. Cancelled before it's time and criminally good. In an ideal world, we would have seen ten seasons and several movies of this show.

High praise indeed though I never watched stargate either (I know, I'm useless) but I'm intrigued by firefly cos of the good reviews it gets.
X :wave

High praise indeed though I never watched stargate either (I know, I'm useless) but I'm intrigued by firefly cos of the good reviews it gets.
X :wave

Your mileage may indeed vary, but trust me when i say that Scifi rarely, if ever gets this good. Firefly, although very slightly dated in terms of effects, is still one of the highest pinnacles of where good writing and a stellar cast can get to.
In my opinion, closely after BSG, which i reckon is the greatest scifi show ever, Stargate Universe is just shy of the pinnacle. If you want an engaging scifi show that doesn't just spout technobabble, give Stargate Universe a shot after firefly. You won't regret it, and you don't need to have watched either SG1 or Atlantis to do so.

Your mileage may indeed vary, but trust me when i say that Scifi rarely, if ever gets this good. Firefly, although very slightly dated in terms of effects, is still one of the highest pinnacles of where good writing and a stellar cast can get to.
In my opinion, closely after BSG, which i reckon is the greatest scifi show ever, Stargate Universe is just shy of the pinnacle. If you want an engaging scifi show that doesn't just spout technobabble, give Stargate Universe a shot after firefly. You won't regret it, and you don't need to have watched either SG1 or Atlantis to do so.

Cool, thank you :1-1:
x :duff

They should do a remaster where they redo the FX at high definition (originally it was in SD since TV was not broadcast in HD at the time) and then also redo the audio since it's really not very good, especially in the first episode.

I know it's a complete pipe dream, but how awesome would it be if Netflix or Hulu brought the show back someday? You know most of the cast would be up for it, and Joss would probably drop everything he was doing (including his new Batgirl movie) in order to do it.

Even if it was just a one time limited series, it would be amazing to watch them playing these characters again so many years later.

I know it's a complete pipe dream, but how awesome would it be if Netflix or Hulu brought the show back someday? You know most of the cast would be up for it, and Joss would probably drop everything he was doing (including his new Batgirl movie) in order to do it.

Even if it was just a one time limited series, it would be amazing to watch them playing these characters again so many years later.

Joss doesn't want to drop everything, damn him.
When show resurrection became a thing a few years ago he got bombed with questions and he basically said it would all be too much effort, especially given the amount of cast members working on other shows.
Now that Castle is done, I think its moved from 0% to 10% chance. Fillion has been quite public that'd he'd be up for it.

More recently someone from Fox said they'd be open to discussing it, but I don't think it's likely. At this point, what would probably be best would be to do a new show with new characters in the same universe. They could do a video game to continue Serenity since that would be easier on the cast/writers than trying to pick up the show again.

I will say my buddy repeatedly requested I watch it, since I am huge Cowboy Bebop fan and was told they share similarities. I gave it a chance and got to episode 6 or 7 but didn't enjoy, I really wanted to as everyone said its great. Is Serenity any different in tone or style?

I will say my buddy repeatedly requested I watch it, since I am huge Cowboy Bebop fan and was told they share similarities. I gave it a chance and got to episode 6 or 7 but didn't enjoy, I really wanted to as everyone said its great. Is Serenity any different in tone or style?

Kind of. It was meant to be a bit more of the same for fans, but would show the tone of the show to people who hadn't watched it before.
Try and finish the show if you can. The later episodes showed the flavour more.
It's like any great show. Only with repeat watching a do you realise the genius and attention to detail shown in the creation.

Back