Does Firefly take a while to get into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope it doesn't take more than fourteen episodes. lol Seriously though, it took me four or five to get into. Still need to watch the movie.

firefly2.jpg

Well, Fox owns Firefly, but the concern is when a new season could take place, the movie is not that long after the show and it seems like Universal kind of owns whatever happens from the movie onward. From what I understand it's difficult to license stuff from the movie these days which is why QMx is doing mostly Firefly stuff.

Really though, I think if they wanted to do more they should do a new series with a new cast.

Really though, I think if they wanted to do more they should do a new series with a new cast.

Honestly, I think they should just keep Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite and Morena Baaccarin. Let Simon and River be a mystery after the movie and let Washbourne have a kid after the death.

No second season ever, please.

I agree. They'd just f&$k it up, like they do with every reboot, reimagining, rehash. We have, what, 14 really good episodes and a movie. Thats better then every TV show that's outstayed its welcome by staying on for year after year. At least it never had to rehash itself.

If I owned the IP, I would have a video game made with the original characters to continue that story. It would be easier for the actors to do the voice work if they're too busy with other projects. And then I would also do a remaster of the TV show with updated FX and new audio (really the sound FX are terrible). And then I'd do a new TV series with different characters.

If I owned the IP, I would have a video game made with the original characters to continue that story. It would be easier for the actors to do the voice work if they're too busy with other projects. And then I would also do a remaster of the TV show with updated FX and new audio (really the sound FX are terrible). And then I'd do a new TV series with different characters.

Coming from Ubisoft "Flight of Serenity" Starring Nathan Fillion. :lol

I never got round to watching firefly either, didnt realise it was only 13 episodes and the film. I thought the series lasted longer than that. I might have to give them a watch when I get chance.
x :peace

I never got round to watching firefly either, didnt realise it was only 13 episodes and the film. I thought the series lasted longer than that. I might have to give them a watch when I get chance.

I've always loved the show, but my wife didn't have any interest in watching it for a long time. I finally sat her down and we binged the show and Serenity and she loved it. :lol Give it a few episodes before deciding to stop if you don't like it at first. Whedon did a great job with the characters, but it takes a little while to really appreciate it.

I've always loved the show, but my wife didn't have any interest in watching it for a long time. I finally sat her down and we binged the show and Serenity and she loved it. :lol Give it a few episodes before deciding to stop if you don't like it at first. Whedon did a great job with the characters, but it takes a little while to really appreciate it.
I will, thank you :1-1:

It's well worth it!!!
It's like Stargate Universe. Cancelled before it's time and criminally good. In an ideal world, we would have seen ten seasons and several movies of this show.

Back