Does anyone here just not like Frankenstein 1931?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO it should be remembered and respected for it's influence and iconography. Unfortunately part of that influence should also include the butchering of beautiful novels by Hollywood studios.

Hey now, I paid attention to the whole movie! :D If I said I turned if off.....well.

The movie's like what, a measly 58 minutes? No sympathy there. :lol

IMO it should be remembered and respected for it's influence and iconography. Unfortunately part of that influence should also include the butchering of beautiful novels by Hollywood studios.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I love the DeNiro Frankenstein because of that. It's truer to the source material and the acting is modernized, but the OG Universal is still timeless as a classic.

The comments in this thread reminded me of this ..........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ONtKjljX8KI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ONtKjljX8KI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

The movie's like what, a measly 58 minutes? No sympathy there. :lol

x2! I've seen it twice remember? :lol

It is a very iconic film Woff. There's a lot of images and scenes that really stood out. The birth of the monster, the monster reaching for the sun, the fire burning down the windmill....

The comments in this thread reminded me of this ..........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ONtKjljX8KI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ONtKjljX8KI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

That about sums it up. :lol:1-1:

Celtic if you want to become a director you need only watch two films. Tarkovsky's "The Mirror," for your camera work and Malick's "Day's Of Heaven," with Alemendros' work for your cinematography. All the influence you'll ever need and I'll go pay to see your first film.

Shoot. I realized all the movies I own dont include serial killers that dont fit in. I think i'll burn my entire collection.

Anyway, i'll get around to it. I dont mind reading, I can live easily without CGI...but give me good characters, and a story, and i'm golden!

Celtic if you want to become a director you need only watch two films. Tarkovsky's "The Mirror," for your camera work and Malick's "Day's Of Heaven," with Alemendros' work for your cinematography. All the influence you'll ever need and I'll go pay to see your first film.

The greatest film era belonged in the 70's. Imo. I have seen bits a pieces of "The Mirror" and all I can say is its pure emotion and heart. I would assume a film maker like Tarkovsky had complete and utter control over his films. Its the only way you can make a great film. I haven't seen Days of Heaven. I'm on a hard Hitchcock swing again. Best film maker to ever live right after Scorsese imo. K, now i'm rambling. :lol

I watched Pyscho for the first time a few years ago. What a fantastic movie, I was on the edge of my seat for the most of it.

I watched the remake and laughed.

Also, I also saw Vertigo in the Lit of Film class. Great movie as well.

Y'know, i'm adding some Hitchcock to my que....got any recommendations?

I watched Pyscho for the first time a few years ago. What a fantastic movie, I was on the edge of my seat for the most of it.

I watched the remake and laughed.

Also, I also saw Vertigo in the Lit of Film class. Great movie as well.

Y'know, i'm adding some Hitchcock to my que....got any recommendations?

Notorious and North By Northwest.

The greatest film era belonged in the 70's. Imo. I have seen bits a pieces of "The Mirror" and all I can say is its pure emotion and heart. I would assume a film maker like Tarkovsky had complete and utter control over his films. Its the only way you can make a great film. I haven't seen Days of Heaven. I'm on a hard Hitchcock swing again. Best film maker to ever live right after Scorsese imo. K, now i'm rambling. :lol

I dunno. The 70's also had an assload of crap too! :lol

So did the 80's, 90's and today....today more so....:lol

With classics like GI Joe The Rise of Cobra, and the Nightmare Remake how can you go wrong!

Yes ........... Lifeboat, Dial M for Murder (Amazing dialogue and camera work) The Birds, North by Northwest, Notorious and also check out "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"

I saw that a while go. Loved every single second.

Best scene was the explaination of the Anaconda Malt. Holy ____....that was amazing.

Back