Does anyone here collect Hasbro?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really sucks about Hasbro is the way they release stuff. They release exclusives ususallly vehicles and $13 dollar figures in the spring and fall. Right now Im projecting to get all of the 3.75" carded figures, vehicles, tins, exclusives and the titanium ships is going to cost me $1000.
I like the new tin idea they came up with and theirs 7 of them so thats $175 right there plus they have 32 more basic figures after the Endor wave for this year. After that I have a ton of vehicles to get including the 89 AT-AT and the 45 X-Wing plus a possible Shuttle at 70.
I just hope Im able to get everything. Thank goodness Christmas is coming and the money I get from there can go to all of this.
I think this is one of the reasons most people are now no longer collecting this stuff.

I've collected 12" Hasbro SW figs for a few years now and customized them by switching out the lousy bodies for higher articulation Dragon/DML bodies. I've mostly concentrated on armored figs, Clonetroopers, Clonetrooper officers, Snowtroopers, Jango Fett, etc, but I've also done Darth Maul and Hoth Luke.

One of my favorites is an AOTC clonetrooper that I turned into a fictional ROTS clonetrooper commander Gaius Agrippa, in the vein of Commander Gree. He's got WWII German peadot-style camo on his armor and was a lot of fun to do. BTW, he's the one on my Freaks avatar.

I even used plastic model aircraft decals on his armor which worked surprisingly well and has a nice effect.

Hasbro 12" SW certainly has its place and in the long absence of anything better (until Sideshow entered the picture) and makes great kitbash/custom fodder.

Mortar Conn said:
....he's the one on my Freaks avatar...
I always assumed it was some Samurai pic ( I had no idea it was a custom, let alone from a Hasbro Clone Trooper). Would you mind posting pics of the whole thing? I would really like to see your Gaius Agrippa. :cool:

pixletwin said:
I always assumed it was some Samurai pic ( I had no idea it was a custom, let alone from a Hasbro Clone Trooper). Would you mind posting pics of the whole thing? I would really like to see your Gaius Agrippa. :cool:

No problem. The quality of the pics ain't that great, but here are some I posted over at the OSW ...

Keeper_02.jpg

Keeper_04.jpg

Keeper_01.jpg

These two were pre-weathering, and a last minute change from a TUS body to a Dragon body ...

130FrontPS1.jpg

130RearPS1.jpg

Pretty awesome job on that. I think it is especially cool that you have a whole history/back story made up about him too. :duff

Thanks Pixeltwin. Appreciate it.

Here's the backstory and recipe, for anyone who's interested:

"This is Clonetrooper Commander Gaius Agrippa of the 53th Guard Regiment special forces brigade which was deployed to Kashykk, the Wookie home world to quash the Separatist Rebellion there.

Agrippa worked closed with the wookie partisan forces including one of their most decorated warriors, Chewbacca.

It is rumored that Agrippa defied the Emperor's Order #66 (genetic defect in the cloning process) and later joined the Rebellion to help defeat the Empire, Palpatine and Lord Vader."

Recipe:
Dragon/DML body
stock Hasbro EP2 Clonetrooper
heavily modified EP2 CT blaster rifle including part of a Hasbro SA-80
Dragon H&K MP7 subgun
acrylic paints
super glue
decals from old aircraft models

Back