Does anyone here collect Hasbro?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gran3131

Super Freak
Reaction score
When I started collecting I collected Hasbro but then I switched my main focus to statues right away. Do any of you guys still collect hasbro?

I do collect Hasbro. I have every figure except for about 10 thats been released from 1995 to present. I also have almost all of the vehicles that were released. My 3.75" collection is loose from 95 to 98 and my collection has been MOC since then starting with the last few waves of POTF. I also have almost all of the 12" Hasbro figures MIB. I also had a huge collection of the Galoob Micro Machines and Action Fleets. Im only missing a few Ep1 pieces. The Micros are one of my favorite parts of my collection. Overall I started collecting the Kenner stuff in 95 at age 10 and am still collecting 11 years later. I decided to collect the Sideshow 12" figures and I also want to get a few PFs eventually.

I've lately been picking up the occasional 3.75" figure, mostly clones since they are well articulated, etc. But that's pretty much it. I never got into the 12" figures, and always hoped that Sideshow would get the license :chew

I got into the 12" Hasbro's just before SSC got the 12" licence. I've stopped now as even the decent ones won't stand up to the SSC equivalents. The one's I've got are now kit bash fodder - see the thread about Padme for more info.

Just the regular figures. And next year I think I'm going to cut that back and just get characters that have never been done before instead of the umpteenth version of Vader or Cantina Han...

The SideShow pieces have just sucked me in and look great...

I do, and again I apply rules.My rules with Hasbro 3 3/4 figs are 1-OT only and 2-New to plastic, like I won't buy more than 1 version of ANH Luke etc. It's still pretty huge, but saves me time and money,and I'm happy with it

Actually I was thinking about giving it up for SS 12", but I'm still not sure.

I did until they went crazy with exclusives before EP 1. I was also tired of the comic book store walking out with cases of the exclusices and then sell them for 10-20 times greater. The final straw was when my friend got sucker punched for grabbing a figure out a cart the had been sitting the with no one around it for about 10 min.

Aside from the Vintage Card Styled figures EVILFACE mentioned and ocassional exceptions (Commander Cody, upcoming Republic Commando 4-pack & Darth Revan) Hasbro is completely and utterly dead to me. Seriously, I HATE that company and their damn condescending attitude toward collectors. They are the antithesis of SSC in every way.

They jumped the shark along time ago and when they essentially announced recently that they won't make anymore toys based on their best line in years (the Animated Style Clone Wars) it was the final straw for me. Screw them.

I thank the maker every day that they no longer have the keys to the 12" license.

I used to be a huge Hasbro collector. Starting in 1995 I collected the 3 3/4 figures, the 12" figures, the vehicles and pretty much everything else they were putting out. That changed after TPM. Remember how they flooded the market with everything imaginable? After ROTS came out, I was done. And I agree with IrishJedi- The decision to not continue the Animated Clone Wars line was a huge mistake.

Now I only collect a figure here and there, some of the exclusives and the Vintage style figures. And I am excited about the concept figures coming out next year.

By the way, most of my original 70s and 80s vintage collection was thrown out when I went to college. Thanks Mom and Dad! :monkey2

I used to collect the 3 3/4 inch figures up untill aotc. Now I just buy them so my son can open them up and play with them.

Batty said:
By the way, most of my original 70s and 80s vintage collection was thrown out when I went to college. Thanks Mom and Dad! :monkey2

Mine saved mine:chew well except for the vehicles. And then the biggest suprise my grandma found like 5 things she never game be brand new in the box:chew :chew

mfoga said:
Mine saved mine:chew well except for the vehicles. And then the biggest suprise my grandma found like 5 things she never game be brand new in the box:chew :chew
Thanks for rubbing it in! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :lol

Batty said:

I just wonder how much money parents through into the garbage during the nineties when they threw away all of their kids worthless childhood toys. To whoevers Grandma who didnt give your to you do you remember what the toys were she forgot to give to you. That would be really cool to find something like that.

EVILFACE said:
I usually destroyed all my toys before they could be thrown away.
I was one of those anal-retentive kids who took care of all his toys. Actually, nothings really changed since then.

Sorry Batty, me and my sister still have all of our stuff, hell my sister got my moms Barbie dolls from she she was a kid. My mom and my Grandma are kinda pack rats.

It was great when she found all the stuff trust me. I got it about 6 years ago. I ended up with a Cloud Car but the box is pretty beat up but you can see the tape and that it had never been opened. The rest were Diecast, a Millennium Falcon, a Imperial Cruiser, and a Tie Bomber.

I still have most of the toys, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, and probally about 200-300 Hot Wheels.

There were a few times I thought about trying to rebuild my vintage collection, but it would take a long time and be too expensive. That's okay, I live for Sideshow now.

IrishJedi said:
Aside from the Vintage Card Styled figures EVILFACE mentioned and ocassional exceptions (Commander Cody, upcoming Republic Commando 4-pack & Darth Revan) Hasbro is completely and utterly dead to me. Seriously, I HATE that company and their damn condescending attitude toward collectors. They are the antithesis of SSC in every way.

They jumped the shark along time ago and when they essentially announced recently that they won't make anymore toys based on their best line in years (the Animated Style Clone Wars) it was the final straw for me. Screw them.

I thank the maker every day that they no longer have the keys to the 12" license.

WORD!!!:dump

I used to only collect the vintage figures, the evolutions figures, Clones and troopers, Jedi, and the occasional "other" type figure. I'd also get the occasional vehicle.
Now it's unfortunately only Sideshow Star Wars figures.

Back