Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why Tasha Lam didn't age, while the Doctor did. Anyone shed light on that?

It was convenient to the plot. Same as that Christmas town, is there any good explanation for that? Wooden Cyberman (with a flamethrower? :dunno), how does that work?

There are theories that somehow Tasha Lem is River Song, but I don't buy it. They do share a lot of the same characteristic, though, to be honest.

Maybe they wrote her in because the actress playing River couldn't make the filming?

Slipshod is right. I'm guessing she didn't age because she was a sleeper Dalek? I have no idea when she became a Dalek though.

Was there a need to change the name of the Church of Security to the Church of the Silence? It couldn't just be the Church of the Silence from the beginning? What about Clara being chased by a Silence? It created a second of drama, and humor, but there really wasn't a plot point to it was there?

Yeah and the cybertreeman wtf was the point there?

Also the big deal about the wig...did they write that in simply to legitimize how bad his wig looked? Could have given him some random Christmas hat or something.

Just a hot mess.

The Tasha character reminds me of how useless and draining that horrible "Castor" character from Tron Legacy was.

He shaved his head, clever plan to pass the shield, he says. But then it's revealed he just got bored.

Oh ok. I missed that. Thanks! :)

Also, here is a pretty good summation of all the regerations if anyone is interested in this kind of thing.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ooP7mzbWyJA[/ame]

He shaved his head for his most recent acting roll and I took the scene as a small dig at whiney fan boys complaining that it looked like he was wearing a wig, because he was.

Yes, I was aware of that. Hence:

Yes.. why was he bald again - The Doctor, not Matt Smith- did I miss that explanation?

Thanks anyway. Doctor Who already answered my question. :wave

Amy's wig was really well made, even if it was made from her actual hair. Smith's wig was alright. I though the middle-aged version looked really good.

I'm really confused as to how the Doctor ages, he aged something like 400 years between leaving Amy & rory and meeting clara and he still appeared unchanged. we know hurt's doctor aged but by the end of his life he's only 8 or 900 tears old ..

Overall I liked the episode but it felt a tad rushed and messy, the regeneration was very quick, not sure yet if I liked that or not.

My wife actually tackled this one. He was separated from the TARDIS and the time vortex for 300 years. Her theory is that the constant exposure slowed his aging process and/or kept him at a steady age.

I'd say lack of TARDIS and travels, all the fighting and simply accepting he's aging.

Or maybe he came to the point in a Time Lord's life where, instead of regenerating, the body grew old, as it was his "last" life. I had always assumed his regenerative energy had part in keeping him from aging. Even if he regenerated as an older man, the regenerative energy would keep him at that age, or slow down the aging even further.

I'd say lack of TARDIS and travels, all the fighting and simply accepting he's aging.

Or maybe he came to the point in a Time Lord's life where, instead of regenerating, the body grew old, as it was his "last" life. I had always assumed his regenerative energy had part in keeping him from aging. Even if he regenerated as an older man, the regenerative energy would keep him at that age, or slow down the aging even further.

His 1st incarnation (Hartnell) grew old and died due to old age, its just since then the Doctor's been killed after being in that body for only a relatively short time. The exception's being #8, he aged around 25 years before his regeneration and War who seems to have aged around 40 years.

honestly had I not known it was a wig, I would never have been able to tell

Really? I had forgotten he cut his hair for another role and when I saw him I was thinking "his hair looks awful" and then he took it off and I was like, "that explains it" and remembered he had cut it.

time-of-the-doctor-clara-christmas-table.jpg

Last edited:
You can see the edges and shine of the wig here, mostly near his ear. Another thing is his scar that doesn't continue into his hair. It seems a shade lighter and the curl isn't as clean and lumpy, aswell as the seperation in combing directions between the curl and the sides that isn't as heavy, the wig has a more subtle transition. I think his original cut has the side more in a diagonal combing, not just straight to the back.

matt_pics002.jpg

tumblr_mj7nsxMheB1qijoeyo3_1280.jpg

Back