Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that the Doctors final resting place is that of his current tardis console room suggests that his regenerations are indeed coming to an end, that or the tardis design never changes again. (good thing it's a cool design! ;))

Its things like this that make it impossible to appease if fans get too stuck on it. You can't expect them to plan this out who knows how many years from now. If they designed some completely original set for the tomb 20 years from now people will be citing the need to exactly match the original set.

Fans need to let go of this need to be 100% consistent. There can't be complete continuity, totally handcuff the series if you do. In a sense any ties back you can do are "quaint" but each show runner should have some freedom to change course if needed, especially to keep the franchise alive in the case of the 12 rule.

Last edited:
Well to be fair he didn't regenerate because he grew to be an elderly human. He regenerated because his assistant shot him.

I would assume that part of the Master's plan to escape the Time War would have included changing his appearnace in more ways than what the Chamelion Arch would have allowed. I am inclined to believe that he forced himself to regenerate before he applied the Chamelion Arch in order to complete hide from the Time Lords with no chance of every being recognized.

Could well be the rejuvenated/restored Master regenerated into Jacobi's Master, we just don't know yet or more likely will never know what happened to the Master until the Doctor and Rose encountered Professor Yana.

Seeing as River Song's timeline is in reverse to the Doctor's, and in theory she is 'growing younger'. Is there anyway she could be Susan's grandmother?

It would make Amy and Rory her great-grandparents.....:horror

3 seasons is pretty typical. I was expecting he'd leave after the 50th anniversary or Christmas special.

Matt was a great Doctor and he will be missed but I'm ready to see an epic regeneration and a new Doctor.

I'd like to see him do a few specials between the 50th and the Christmas special.

Here is a wild idea, that I would be curious to see if fans would dig it.

What if 11 regenerates into an unknown figure...and the 12th Doctor's casting is delayed indefinitely....

in its place we see McGann's run as the 8th Doctor for a few seasons.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

What if 11 regenerates into an unknown figure...and the 12th Doctor's casting is delayed indefinitely....

in its place we see McGann's run as the 9th Doctor for a few seasons.

Thoughts?

No way in hell it would happen, but I'd love to see McGann get a turn in proper Who. The BBC should do a Lost Adventures series with the 8th Doctor.

in its place we see McGann's run as the 8th Doctor for a few seasons.

Thoughts?

No way in hell it would happen, but I'd love to see McGann get a turn in proper Who. The BBC should do a Lost Adventures series with the 8th Doctor.

Yes please? He spent the LONGEST amount oftime as his 8th incarnation. It would be nice to see more of him :D

12 has been cast and the rumor for several months has been...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope that spoiler is wrong. I would like to see them go with someone with a little better scifi chops and make the show more about different planets. WAY to much time since the series restarted on Earth. I just don't see Daniels pulling it off.

If we see scenes from the Time War, I would like to see the return of the master. Whether it be the John Simms Joker,er Master, or someone else as the Master, to roll through next season with my favorite villain in action.

I love therumor of Benedict Cumberbatch being the Master. That would be so awesome especially how great the guy is in playing villains

Although Cumberbatch denied being the Master by stating that John Simms is still the Master, that can easily be interept that Simms is still the Master until it is announced by the BBC or shown in a future episode

Yes please? He spent the LONGEST amount oftime as his 8th incarnation. It would be nice to see more of him :D

I think it would be a good time for the BBC to do it considering how McGann hasn't really aged since. Besides, the two other Who spinoffs are no longer in production

He's certainly the true 9th Doctor, on set pictures from the 50th show better pics of his costume and he is clearly wearing the same coat as 9's and the waistcoat and neckerchief of 8, I did however read some theories that he's possibly playing an aged 8, that 8 actually lived for a veeeerrry long time after the tv movie, a nice idea but it would be a bit of a slap in the face to poor auld Paul Mcgann that his Doctors is in the 50th but ain't playing him! Ya I'm sure he is 9.

O and yes loved the episode!

I doubt that Hurt is an aged 8 because of the scene where Clara met all the doctors except for Hurt. I think that 8 died during the beginning or the middle of the Time War, and that Hurt's Doctor didn't have time to change his clothes till he died.

While McGann's Doctor gone through a makeover in the audiobooks with a black leather jacket, perhaps 9's jacket was originally eight's. Sure that the jacket in Dark Eyes is a double breasted leather jacket, 8 could have started to wear leather jackets as his primary coat later in his timeline

Genuinely gutted Matt is going, but I did expect it soon. He was fantastic, the first where not only did he feel alien but also very old inside.

And now the British press go mental linking every known actor on the planet, by some 'source' and then it ends up being none of them.

Fun times ahead!

Genuinely gutted Matt is going, but I did expect it soon. He was fantastic, the first where not only did he feel alien but also very old inside.

And now the British press go mental linking every known actor on the planet, by some 'source' and then it ends up being none of them.

Fun times ahead!

Yeah...can't believe I'm depressed about an actor leaving a role :monkey2

Didn't feel like his time was up to me.
Tennant felt like the right time but Smith seemed to be mid run. He'd only just had his first companion change! Seemed to be firing on all cylinders and I had not even questioned 4 seasons and thought there was a strong possibility of 5.

Oh well, somehow I'll find a way to go on :rotfl

I love Matt Smith, but I'm also ready for someone new.

Would love to have a late 30s, modern-styled Doctor...eventually with a male companion for something different.

Back