Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that was a great finale all around. Made up for a series full of ups and downs.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, that was a great finale all around. Made up for a series full of ups and downs.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Finale was great, they definitely saved the best for last. The way the footage of classic Doctors was inserted into the show wasn't terribly effective, but the effort was still much appreciated.

I have really enjoyed S7.2 a lot. Even the few weaker stories had interesting bits. Loved the finale. Nu Who (for me) has had a big problem handling/resolving story arcs and I think they handled the Clara one very well. I also feel Nu Who has gotten much better at telling a story in the 45 minute format which they have struggled with since they they introduced it. I am glad they got back to stories being more action/adventure this half.

And to clarify, that's JUST my 7.2 review. I still weep over the amazingly bad plot of Angels in Manhattan. I like imagining how the Angels must have brought Rory or whatever prisoner they had in the hotel room room-service to keep them alive all of those decades. Did those rooms have movie channels? No? Those bastards! (laugh)

Spoiler Spoiler:

How is that possible? They showed her next to the Doctor with Clara a ways off watching them.... Was she watching herself? I don't think so.

I don't think i have ever geek-ed out as much as i did in the opening minutes of the finale, my other half gave me a pretty odd expression since she doesn't know much about Who pre-2005.

I loved it, i wish more of the Whisper Men since they seemed like they could be genuinely scary with more story.

Here's my thoughts on the ending that blew me off my chair... great to be theorising again!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
it would suck Juuuuust as a tad, as TENnant, would no longer be TEN. :lol

But beyond that, it could be cool, if he was soooo mentaly scarred by the time war, that it messed him up that much.

Time War and eradication of Daleks and Time Lords happened sometime between 8 and 9...
Spoiler Spoiler:

He's certainly the true 9th Doctor, on set pictures from the 50th show better pics of his costume and he is clearly wearing the same coat as 9's and the waistcoat and neckerchief of 8, I did however read some theories that he's possibly playing an aged 8, that 8 actually lived for a veeeerrry long time after the tv movie, a nice idea but it would be a bit of a slap in the face to poor auld Paul Mcgann that his Doctors is in the 50th but ain't playing him! Ya I'm sure he is 9.

O and yes loved the episode!

Back