Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there will be an eighth Doctor series. That ship sailed. Also you get into the SW prequel trap where you have to dovetail everything to fit a known future event. We all know the beginning of 8's story and the end.

Now would I like to see a couple of episodes where PC's Doctor meets his previous faces? Yes.

:dunno

I don't know the end of the 8th's story. I think its a stretch to think most Whovians know anything about him. I doubt most modern fans have seen his movie let alone read any books or heard any audios.

he also spent 600 years on a planet of jellyfish elephants :lol

in addition, he is the the first doctor who goes back to visit Susan, his grandaughter

I loved Chimes of Midnight. This is the perfect time to hear it too. I also really loved Dark Eyes.

I don't think there will be an eighth Doctor series. That ship sailed. Also you get into the SW prequel trap where you have to dovetail everything to fit a known future event. We all know the beginning of 8's story and the end.

Now would I like to see a couple of episodes where PC's Doctor meets his previous faces? Yes.

I think that this is 100% correct. This webisode was done to please the fans, and I'd wager that a similar move was made to try and get Ecclestone aboard - to maintain the continuity of the line, that did not pan out.

Last edited:
I didn't listen to the McGann audio dramas. Those apparently are more of a thing over in the UK.

Got any favorites?

I particularly enjoyed An earthly child, for the susan reunion. Same actress for susan too.

As well as the subsequent stories that spun off from them. I encourage you to just try them all. they more or less pick up where the movie left off.

I think that this is 100% correct. This webisode was done to please the fans, and I'd wager that a similar move was made to try and get Ecclestone aboard - to maintain the continuity of the line, that did not pan out.

The mini episode was done to introduce John Hurt's War Doctor, Moffat said after the 50th that he would include former Doctor's in a multi-Doctor episode only if the story merited it.

The most i think we could expect is for a small number of straight-to-DVD episodes, there is interest and Moffat has refused to say that was the last we've seen of McGann's #8.

Honestly though the way the BBC works if they get the 25,000 signatures (only 6,000 short) it will compromise, and that compromise will be for McGann's #8 to appear in a multi-Doctor episode.

Within the framework of the episode, it was clear that all the remaining doctors that still looked young enough to convincingly recreate their part were asked, hence McGann, Tennant and Smith. And McGann's introduced the Hurt/War Doctor anyway.

I'd be not even remotely surprised if the Beeb Beeb Ceeb did indeed approach Mr E on those grounds. I think the fact that we were teased Ecclestone's face but not fully shown it demonstrates that there was indeed space for Ecclestone in the programme, had he wanted to appear in it.

Last edited:
There was a TV movie where 8 was "born" and a webisode where he "died". Pretty strong boundries.

To be clear, I highly doubt myself they'd make any shows with 8, mostly because the producers prefer to play with their hand selected actors and what not.

That said, I don't think the fact that we know 8 dies, or even how/where he dies makes the character unapproachable to make shows about.

Considering that the nature of the show is that episodes can have nothing to do with overall story arcs that you could reinsert a character (particularly one who has a knack for traveling between space and time) pretty easily.

If STARZ can insert various plots and subplots based on Spartacus with the "strong boundaries" of a real historical person and events, I'm pretty sure the BBC can figure out how to insert plots with #8 if they wanted. :lol Am I missing something to your point?

The mini episode was done to introduce John Hurt's War Doctor, Moffat said after the 50th that he would include former Doctor's in a multi-Doctor episode only if the story merited it.

The most i think we could expect is for a small number of straight-to-DVD episodes, there is interest and Moffat has refused to say that was the last we've seen of McGann's #8.

Honestly though the way the BBC works if they get the 25,000 signatures (only 6,000 short) it will compromise, and that compromise will be for McGann's #8 to appear in a multi-Doctor episode.

where is this petition that i may sign it?

Petitions won't do a thing.

The 3 million plus Youtube hits are all the indication the Beeb requires. Reports are that the decision makers at the BBC have had meetings to discuss ways to capitalize on the surprise popularity of McGann's minisode. But it is almost certain that there will not be a second series running concurrent to the main series.

The biggest thing that happened was the surprise one day box office hit that reviled or surpassed Hunger Games depending on whose number you look at.

Hollywood finally noticed Doctor Who, god help us all.

The plan is for Capaldi to do 1 or 2 series on TV of DW and then jump to the big screen. The purpose of showing Day of the Doc in theaters was to test the waters.

I really would hate for DW to go to the screen if that was the only way to enjoy it. It belongs on TV.

Me too. I like the idea of the movie so long as it doesn't effect the broadcast schedule.

I'd be okay with the normal broadcast of episodes every year and then do the Christmas special on the big screen with more budget for special effects and what not like Day of the Doctor, especially if its also on tv.

Does anyone have any insider info on Eccleston's issues with DW? It's a real bummer to seem him so repulsed by it. I know it had something to do with "politics" but really what the hell is his deal? :cuss

He's an asshat is all. He's jealous or something. Instead he wants to make classics like GI Joe the Rise of Cobra.

Back