Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished watching The War Games for the first time over the weekend and thought it was decent.

There was also a nice feature on the extras about a fan film that was made in 1995 that gave the 2nd Doctor the regeneration scene he never got in the actual series.

OK it was someone else playing the character and Jon Pertwee looked significantly older than when he made his debut in "Spearhead from Space" but it's an adequate substitute and Pertwee's presence will ensure it's place in the show's history as it was the last time he played the character.

Was that this one brendan?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Zr6K910RCQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Zr6K910RCQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Was that this one brendan?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Zr6K910RCQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Zr6K910RCQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It was from a fan production called "Devious" and didn't look as good as that,

https://www.doctorwho-devious.com/

It's quite an intresting feature and it turned out one of the people involved knew John Nathan-Turner and through him they were able to get Jon Pertwee for a day's filming.

ooh trouble in geekdom?

Just some people being petty children when their spoilers were actively quashed by the people in charge of the show. Eddie used to be involved in the show (obviously not his real name), and was authorized by the Moff and others to throw out stingers to catch those leaking things out and then provide actual bits of info. He likes to have fun with it and good on him I say. He doesn't like to outright spoil things but drop tidbits on what he hears and whats ahead.

Eddie = :rock

It seemed to be a lot of over inflated egos got in the way of people just having fun discussing things. I do still like CO and TDT though. But DWF/Shaun Lyons handled that whole situation soooo badly (along with a situations) that the site left a bad taste in my mouth. Anyhooo...

Anyone read Eddie's poem and have an idea how to interpret it?

An Ode To The Trainers

What?
Impossible things that come to pass
WHAT??
As elegant hands and Time Ships mass
WHAT???
An old face is new as fiction runs
Impossible times here come the drums

What?
Every face from days of ten
WHAT??
Will show themselves to him again
WHAT???
But is it all as it would seem?
Whatever happened to the Queen?

What?
Wives and families take their toll
WHAT??
A masterly plan he cannot hold
WHAT???
The Lords of Time in dreams do fold
Two fold in dreams as fictions sold

What?
Alone and dying, tortured soul
WHAT??
But friends still rally, return to the fold
WHAT???
A home is gone in pain and fire
And anothers eyes see him on a pyre

Eddies poems are great.. but so damn hard for me to figure out that I just kind of sit back and watch it unfold. The idea that the new companion though is somehow related to Donna is a fun one though.

Btw Marc, see you got to Skaro too! :lol I've been following him since Shaun and OG/DWF banned him the first time and don't regret a minute of it.

Eddies poems are great.. but so damn hard for me to figure out that I just kind of sit back and watch it unfold. The idea that the new companion though is somehow related to Donna is a fun one though.

Btw Marc, see you got to Skaro too! :lol I've been following him since Shaun and OG/DWF banned him the first time and don't regret a minute of it.

I was on the original OS but I never posted so my membership was purged. My only news on eddie was subscribing to his blog. :lol

Here is my breakdown:

"Impossible things come to pass" refers to the return of the Time Lords.
I think the "elegant hands" refers to whoever picked up The Master's ring.
"Old face is new" I think has something to do with The Master (a young version of the Jacobi Master perhaps?).
"every face from days of ten" is obviously every companion returning in some form or another.
Not sure about the dreams stuff except that the "Two fold in dreams as fictions sold" is probably in reference to the Journal of Impossible Things
"Alone and dying, tortured soul" is an obvious reference to the regeneration while "A home is gone in pain and fire" sounds to me like Gallifrey really is gone :)monkey2)

Everything else I don't even have a clue about.

But the Doctors home really always HAS been the TARDIS, and we are getting a new one. From Eddies hinting it truly sounds as if it has two levels and is more classic in design.

But the Doctors home really always HAS been the TARDIS, and we are getting a new one. From Eddies hinting it truly sounds as if it has two levels and is more classic in design.

Oooo. I hadn't thought of that. duh! :lol

Good because I want the Time Lords back. :banana

hehehe James Bond as a Time Lord, how great is that. Monday the 20th they start filming Series 5, so expect to see a press release by then at the latest. I can't wait to see the new looks!

hehehe James Bond as a Time Lord, how great is that. Monday the 20th they start filming Series 5, so expect to see a press release by then at the latest. I can't wait to see the new looks!

Sounds like those of us on Skaro are going to get to see it sooner.

Skaro is run by the infamous Eddie who the fine posters of Outpost Gallifrey turned into a pariah.

Eddie is infamous for claiming to know insider information yet always being wrong - and then displaying a massive ego when challenged. Not that egos are in short supply in any forum, but there are several other people with proven track records to rely on.

Back