Do you want The Dead to continue using the Art S. Buck Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want the Dead to continue using the original Art S. Buck body?

• Yes

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Why is Sideshow using artistic deer bodies?

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
But I don't think they would just add a new neck and not retool the whole thing. Although I imagine we'll all find out the score by the end of Toy Fair.

he did, however make reference to "the old buck neck adapter" which seesm to sugest an older body. also, if you lok at where the neck meets the chest, it looks different. in addition, the pose is notsomeething a buck can do so well, and let us not forget the good lloking hip joints. no caving in like sideshows buck usualy does.
could be futzing, but we will know for sure tommorow.

I dont care, the buck body works perfectly for the Dead figures. And if it keeps the price down than I say continue to use the Buck body for the Dead line.

I dont care, the buck body works perfectly for the Dead figures. And if it keeps the price down than I say continue to use the Buck body for the Dead line.

:duff:drink:chug
The Buck body is perfectly unnatural and the last thing we need is a natural looking zombie.

I have plenty of Buck bodies laying in a junk drawer. Time for a new body. If they get a new body and someone wants to trade a better body for some old style bodies for your zombies, I'm more than willing to help you out...

As for the cost going up...well the cost of SS figures has been steadily rising over the past 4 years or so with no real major improvements. The head sizes and paint ops are still hit and miss.

I say give us a new body and no new cost because they've let other QC issues go on for too long. Make it up to us...

Now that we have seen the new body, which is amazing! I think the Dead are just fine on the Art S. Buck body, they are the only characters that look right on the body. Plus if they upgraded the Dead to the new body, then each dead figure would definitely go up in price as high as $10-$40 more!

But I think sideshow will keep them on the Art body.

I'm happy if they keep the buck especially if the price stays around $50. As much as I like them I'd probably be out if they jumped to $75 or $90 a pop.

Today's QandA says the Buck isn't dead yet and they will still continue to use it. So the Dead may indeed continue using the Buck body instead of Prometheus.

Its really not a terrible idea to keep it around. Its a solid body (although a bit awkward) but with some figures it doesn't really matter. And others, like the Dead, it actually works well.

Back