1/6 Do you want a Hot Toys TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Hot Toys 1/6 TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

• Yes, it's an iconic look for the duo

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • No, the scene was too brief

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No, I hated TROS

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
They totally de-aged Luke too far. I thought young Will Smith in Gemini Man was the best I've seen so far.

Oo, I've seen a few clips of the young Will. They're definitely getting closer but I'm worried as to the precedent it'll set.

I may be wrong, but I think I heard that they used superimposed real young Leia footage, like the old one. I think the problem was the lighting this time.

I may be wrong, but I think I heard that they used superimposed real young Leia footage, like the old one. I think the problem was the lighting this time.

My understanding is that it was Billie Lourd on set and a CGI Leia face was applied in post.

This would be better than Darth Maul from Solo or the heavy gunner Mandalorian.

I voted no although I would be tempted. I really like the EU feel of these designs despite not liking the films. That's why I would also want a TLJ flashback scene Luke, I think it would make for a perfect Expanded Universe / Legends old Luke.

If anyone here is being honest, all those "No" votes are really "Yes."

So many people on this board hate TLJ and wound up buying Luke from that movie anyway.

Yeah it's really weird. I wonder if it's because they used the same CG model? Although this one at least looked more like her, the only problem was the unconvincing way it was animated.

Ultimately it may have just been the result of the rushed production schedule. The Rey and Luke scene was said to be added in reshoots, so it seems likely the flashback was too.
It probably has a lot to do with the same reason older sculpts look better than smooth, younger sculpts. There's just more to work with and make it "believable".
Well they just looked so, so realistic - it was like actual footage sent through a time machine. The CGI almost topped CF in RO for total believability. And Luke, he was like this quality...

3316267-swbfii3.png
Dude the way Luke looked in BF2 made me legitimately question if they had issues securing a likeness right, as crazy as that is with how Star Wars has been licensed. Even the voice was completely wrong.

My understanding is that it was Billie Lourd on set and a CGI Leia face was applied in post.

Yes, I believe this was in multiple articles, which makes sense as it looks more like Billie than Carrie herself. That being said I?d love these two. Whether it?s a regular order or exclusive for a con, it?d be fantastic to have them on the shelves next to the others. I understand there are holes in collections and other characters people want more but I?d order both without hesitation.

Vote vote vote!

No. That scene was stupid and they both looked fake. Those two would be two wasted figure slots.

Rather Hot Toys make,

- Bespin Han
- Lando
- Bespin Luke 2.0
- Sandperson
- General Veers
- 4-LOM (why they haven’t done this with 3PO’s body makes no sense)
- Scout Trooper
- Episode I Obi-Wan
- Mace Windu
- General Grievous
- Commander Bly
- Chancellor Palpatine/Emperor Palpatine

One thing that bummed me about the ST was that Leia never became a Jedi. This scene showed she at least "began the training".

She could fly through space while unconscious though...

Really, she could. I know it's hard to believe but I saw it happen.

...exclusive for a con, it?d be fantastic to have them on the shelves next to the others. I understand there are holes in collections and other characters people want more but I?d order both without hesitation.

I think I'd jump on these as an SDCC exclusive.

Back