DO you take care of the boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are getting me all worried now. I recently boxed up 20+ HT figures and placed them in the closet of my basement due to not enough space to display. I put them up 3 months ago and there all in there shipper boxes. I was planing to having them there till I purchased a bigger house but I'm afraid they won't make it.

Not a good idea to keep figures in boxes unless its in dry & cool environment.

Sometime putting them in closed cabinet the heat trapped inside can melt some rubbers. My dinorider rubber harness melted. But that toy is old.

You guys are getting me all worried now. I recently boxed up 20+ HT figures and placed them in the closet of my basement due to not enough space to display. I put them up 3 months ago and there all in there shipper boxes. I was planing to having them there till I purchased a bigger house but I'm afraid they won't make it.

Boxes are all bagged and taped in the loft.

Never understood people who throw the shippers away, it's not like they take up more room if you put the picture box back in them.
Keeps the cool picture box safe and handy if you sell on. I hate buying items without their original shipper, only have two.

I agree. But I guess some Hot toys guys like to display the box and then the shipper needs to be stored. Although I would break it down and store it flat vs throwing it away.

Boxes are all bagged and taped in the loft.

Never understood people who throw the shippers away, it's not like they take up more room if you put the picture box back in them.
Keeps the cool picture box safe and handy if you sell on. I hate buying items without their original shipper, only have two.

I feel the same. I think I only have 3 or 4 without the original shipper

I keep the shippers because they are great for keeping the art boxes in good condition. My closet storage is lined with rows of the Hot Toys boxes, so the shippers keep them from getting scuffed up on the shelves. Considering how much HT figures run these days, tossing out any part of the packaging obviously devalues the collectible.

yea exact reason why i put the tapes on sticker sheet papers after removing them from the box, also i put those plastic sheets in ziplocks so they don't get oxidized & turn blurry.

I keep the shippers because they are great for keeping the art boxes in good condition. My closet storage is lined with rows of the Hot Toys boxes, so the shippers keep them from getting scuffed up on the shelves. Considering how much HT figures run these days, tossing out any part of the packaging obviously devalues the collectible.

The box is just as much a part of the collectible as the figure itself. I know some people may prefer to buy loose figures, but theres no way I would buy a figure without its packaging.

Figure boxes? Hiding them in a the attic? Damn, I came in here thinking this was a thread about collecting and displaying boxes. I used to throw the figures out when I first started collecting boxes, but now I just buy the boxes empty, it's better for the environment. I only just recently started collecting boxes, though I've been collecting styrofoam and packing peanuts for years.

Last edited:
Well lucky you, there's folks starting to sell figure boxes on ebay, price varies, however the postage is usually expensive due to the weight & dimension.

I prefer to collect big cardboard boxes, i really want those boxes Japanese department stores use to ship their goods, really nice boxes.

Figure boxes? Hiding them in a the attic? Damn, I came in here thinking this was a thread about collecting and displaying boxes. I used to throw the figures out when I first started collecting boxes, but now I just buy the boxes empty, it's better for the environment. I only just recently started collecting boxes, though I've been collecting styrofoam and packing peanuts for years.

Boxes FTW!

Art boxes keep your figures' accessories tidy and look great.. Shipping boxes keep your Art boxes looking great (and no-one bothers to bootleg shipping boxes).. Double boxing keeps the original shipping box looking great, plus it keeps the cat busy (OMG! I can haz box! *pounce!*), instead of walking over your keyboard, while you are trying to workkdskgsk rkgt szkd v`lrflq!

I take care of all my figure boxes (especially since I've started to sell some of them) but not simply because of value. I've always taken care of the boxes, even for stuff I received as a child. It does make storage difficult though...

I try to keep all my boxes in as best shape as possible and keep them inside the original shipper. I store all the extra/spare parts in there. The only "Boxes" I dont keep are NECA ones. I usually tear those apart and toss them in the trash.

I look at it this way:
If I'm looking to buy someone's figure/statue, and it doesn't come with the original packaging, I'm not paying full price. Heck, I don't even think I would buy it. I'd rather have one that's complete.

Just take a look at vintage toys that still have their boxes. They sell more than the ones that don't have them. The ones with a mint box sells for even more.

that's back in the days where Toys are actually toys, people buy toys to play with it not to collect it and hoping it will sell at good price 20 years later.

I look at it this way:
If I'm looking to buy someone's figure/statue, and it doesn't come with the original packaging, I'm not paying full price. Heck, I don't even think I would buy it. I'd rather have one that's complete.

Just take a look at vintage toys that still have their boxes. They sell more than the ones that don't have them. The ones with a mint box sells for even more.

Back