Do you secure your Besta to a wall?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurzweil2045

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've been considering placing my display in front of a window rather than a wall. So a couple of questions for Besta owners:

How important is securing it to the wall?
Do you have yours secured to a wall?

If you have glass doors, then definitely!

The weight of the glass door when opening will tip the cabinet forward.

True Story: Many years ago, I had just finished installing 6 Tombo glass doors on my Besta. I opened all the glass doors to prepare to clean them. I turned around to reach for the Windex bottle sitting on the floor. My friend who was nearby jumped out of his seat in a sudden panic. I turned around to see the Besta falling halfway nearly crushing me. This was an empty Besta.

Yes, I secure mine to the wall.

Especially if you have children, it is important to secure IKEA furniture: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/after-3-deaths-ikea-recalls-millions-dangerous-dressers-n600011

I even added adjustable IKEA legs and made the front legs taller so the shelf would lean more towards the wall.

Last edited:
True Story: Many years ago, I had just finished installing 6 Tombo glass doors on my Besta. I opened all the glass doors to prepare to clean them. I turned around to reach for the Windex bottle sitting on the floor. My friend who was nearby jumped out of his seat in a sudden panic. I turned around to see the Besta falling halfway nearly crushing me. This was an empty Besta.

Yes, I secure mine to the wall.

Especially if you have children, it is important to secure IKEA furniture: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/after-3-deaths-ikea-recalls-millions-dangerous-dressers-n600011

I even added adjustable IKEA legs and made the front legs taller so the shelf would lean more towards the wall.

I did that too!

I do not have them secured to the wall. I will be buying a house in the not too far future so when I set up my display area I think I will secure them to the wall for extra security.

I also have a Billy bookcase (so I can display the Iron man HOA 3 wide) and I have that one secured to the wall. Its a lot thinner and would have definitely tipped over with those huge doors.

Back