Do you like Marvel Open Edition Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like open editions versus set editions?

• Total voters
I hate open editions. Don't think I need to explain why, but some ____tards think they are ok.
The EX edition sizes on some of the new A listers sucks too it only helps some noob pop their PF cherry. They should be 750 max.

Limited Numbered edition sizes ALWAYS!!!!!

Last edited:
As long as I get a statue I like into my collection, I don't care one way or the other.

I agree with you to a point but in cases like the Batman EX which is still available I think "exclusive" has lost it's meaning as far as SS is concerned.
The people who wanted this had it ordered within 10 minutes. The rest were undecided (which is their loss) or will stumble across it over the Con weekend and order it (which is lame).
Consistency annoys me too. The Star Wars Droids ex sold out in hours with a vague order clue aswell leading into it the day before - yet the bat logo was up the day before as a clue on this and nearly 48 hours later it's still up. :gah:

With the more expensive pieces I don't care. Already know not everyone is able to buy one. All the other pieces I like to be limited.

With the more expensive pieces I don't care. Already know not everyone is able to buy one. All the other pieces I like to be limited.

:goodpost:

People don't understand that. Even if something is available for several years, if it's expensive, you won't get the numbers on it that a traditional PF has because it just isn't as affordable. Yeah you can still get that rebranded Iron Man LSF, but I bet the numbers on it still aren't that high because most people aren't able to dish out $2k. Not when you have bills and other cool, less expensive things keep popping up.

I'm not for Open ES, but not completely against it so long as it stays on higher priced items that most can't afford anyway. Now if it happens on the 1/4 pieces that would be horrible. Then they'd need to charge $20 per PF if it isn't limited.

What I don't like, and what I think is a more immediate problem, is High ES, like what Batman EX will probably have. I agree with INFECDEAD, I think the EX should always be limited to no more than 750, no matter the character. Increase the Reg size if necessary. If the character and piece is popular enough, in a few years even the Reg will have high command (Spidey Com, Thor & Cap PF, Gambit PF, etc...). But even for Batman, if they had 750 EX and 2500 Reg you'd still please a lot of people and maintain a degree of collectibility.

There is no need for open editions ss introduced the nrd. Which that has slowed 3min sellouts from flippers.
Who the hell vote yes.

Blackthornone, creature4000, devilof76, greatwall, ink, Ramatuelle, Shai, stoods77, TOE

Well be careful what you wish for guys.

Sideshow slowly but surely starting to make more of their products to have an open ES.

First they start with LSF line, and moving to less expensive line like War Machine Life Size Bust and now Galactus Maquette. Next thing you know they start doing an open ES for a PF.

Who knows maybe one day they will put ALL their products as open edition. If that happens I'll probably be the first one to stop buying their products, it's just not worth it FOR ME. But it maybe totally fine for others, which is fine by me, you do whatever you want to do with your money.

Well be careful what you wish for guys.

Sideshow slowly but surely starting to make more of their products to have an open ES.

First they start with LSF line, and moving to less expensive line like War Machine Life Size Bust and now Galactus Maquette. Next thing you know they start doing an open ES for a PF.

Who knows maybe one day they will put ALL their products as open edition. If that happens I'll probably be the first one to stop buying their products, it's just not worth it FOR ME. But it maybe totally fine for others, which is fine by me, you do whatever you want to do with your money.

I understand the logic but just don't care. Its not like these things are at Walmart or target for $15. I love the fact that there are lsf statues for 2k to prevent everyone from being able to buy them.. I didn't start collecting to put my kid through college or retire on. And no I don't care if I pay 500 and it sells for $100 later on. I buy to display and keep. When I look at my cap pf I love the iconic look and the sculpt. I don't look at the base and get off seeing the #/500

A part of the love of something comes from knowing you're one of few who gets to have it. AND it's one-of-a-kind *cough* hot toys *cough*

Aftermarket doesn't matter to me as i've never sold a statue it's about exclusivity making it special.

They already have done that with the Stormtrooper PF.

With that one particular character I can understand. People end up wanting multiple for display, and as collectors come into the hobby it is a good one to have around. If it weren't a generic soldier it would be different.

Back