Do you like Marvel Open Edition Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like open editions versus set editions?

• Total voters
Unless I see Sideshow closed the order for any open ES products, the way I see it this open ES statue will always be available indefinitely / FOREVA.

I like to be proven wrong by Sideshow.

Closed the damn order for one of these open ES products, maybe I will not wait forever to order them. Money is not an issue for me right now, the lack of ES is.

:goodpost:

Hey brother Mamba, what's green, ugly and lives under a bridge? : P

I really dont see why theyre not still selling product they made in 1992. Those damn ES's have kept them from being billionaires. They could still be selling all of that old 1990's product today. it makes perfect sense ya know.....:monkey1

I really dont see why theyre not still selling product they made in 1992. Those damn ES's have kept them from being billionaires. They could still be selling all of that old 1990's product today. it makes perfect sense ya know.....:monkey1

The statues have reached a level of realism whereas back then it wasn't even close, statues made today will be easy on the eyes twenty years from now.

The statues have reached a level of realism whereas back then it wasn't even close, statues made today will be easy on the eyes twenty years from now.

just go browse this board in general and come back and tell me people dont think SS can make better products moving forward. AT least half of the posts on this board are people complaining about products. Yet you think theyre good enough now that they'll hold theyre weight beside pieces produced in 10-20yrs? ... I commend you Mr Cup Half Full.. .. :monkey1

:goodpost:

Good point, some of the sculpts done by Martin Canale's Skaar PF and others will definitely hold their ground even 20 years from now.

Unless I see Sideshow closed the order for any open ES products, the way I see it this open ES statue will always be available indefinitely / FOREVA.

I like to be proven wrong by Sideshow.

Closed the damn order for one of these open ES products, maybe I will not wait forever to order them. Money is not an issue for me right now, the lack of ES is.

And also:

I was new collector too at one point, and I paid market value on eBay for statues of characters that I like. I don't mind spending more money for TRUE COLLECTIBLE ITEMS that I admire. NOBODY forced me to buy them from flippers on eBay and BTW some of them I bought them at market value from collectors like us and I did not hate them for selling me those statues with a marked up price, they deserved every penny they got from their sales.

That's great that you don't mind paying through the nose for collectibles that flippers grabbed before you had a chance to, however not all of us are going to sign on to that strategy. I know I'm not.

If you really think everything Sideshow makes is going to be available "FOREVA," you probably have a few shocks in store for you; however this is a thing you will have to wait and experience yourself. Persons truly concerned with exclusivity should probably be commissioning one-of-a-kind pieces from sculptors. Money seems to be no object, so go for it.

And also:
That's great that you don't mind paying through the nose for collectibles that flippers grabbed before you had a chance to, however not all of us are going to sign on to that strategy. I know I'm not.

Your problem is you assume everybody who sells statutes are flippers, which I don't get it. Have you ever visited market place thread in this board?, so according to you they all are flippers because they sell them at market value? :slap

If you really think everything Sideshow makes is going to be available "FOREVA," you probably have a few shocks in store for you; however this is a thing you will have to wait and experience yourself. Persons truly concerned with exclusivity should probably be commissioning one-of-a-kind pieces from sculptors. Money seems to be no object, so go for it.

That is a very weak arguement.

It's just like I told you people who truly concerned about buying action figures at market value should probably be buying them at wallmart or toys r us.

According to some people here if you ever buy a statue and then sell it even 5 years down the road you are a flipper which is idiotic.

Your problem is you assume everybody who sells statutes are flippers, which I don't get it. Have you ever visited market place thread in this board?, so according to you they all are flippers because they sell them at market value? :slap

Nope I am not talking about the market place on this board, I am talking about eBay - which is where most flippers head for ASAP; they can reach a much larger audience there. I am sure flipping happens in this marketplace, but eBay and other auction sites are the main venues for flipping, this is basic common sense.

That is a very weak arguement.

Is it? Because when people do nothing but complain about how OEs are ruining their ability to brag about exclusivity, which also should come with a stratospheric price-tag - to keep the Great Unwashed from owning the same figure, mind you - I start thinking they should be commissioning original art. If money is no object, then put your money where your mouth is. Get something TRULY original. :snake

Nope I am not talking about the market place on this board, I am talking about eBay - which is where most flippers head for ASAP; they can reach a much larger audience there. I am sure flipping happens in this marketplace, but eBay and other auction sites are the main venues for flipping, this is basic common sense.

You make a valid point Rama, but even so most flipping has been curtailed with the introduction of the NRD. Many statues take days if not months to sell out since the introduction of the NRD, which gives most customers who want one a good chance of getting them and resellers will have to pay and risk their NRD.

Is it? Because when people do nothing but complain about how OEs are ruining their ability to brag about exclusivity, which also should come with a stratospheric price-tag - to keep the Great Unwashed from owning the same figure, mind you - I start thinking they should be commissioning original art. If money is no object, then put your money where your mouth is. Get something TRULY original. :snake

So far I don't think open edition has lowered price tags appreciably. The LSFs are $2000, which is the cost of 3-5 PFs or more. Warmachine 1:1 definitely wasn't cheap either.

Original art is great too. It's incredible to own a one of a kind piece of art from truly talented artists. You collect original art as well Rama?

What is the difference if they all are selling statues at market price? People who sells in this board could even get more profits because they don't pay high eBay fees. Also not everybody who sell statues on eBay are flippers.

Absolutely weak. What if I told you if you concerned buying Sideshow products at market price on eBay, you probably should buy some other products at wallmart or toy r us?

What if what you or I really like it's sideshow product not some other products? I like that Galactus Maquette from sideshow not a custom, because a custom may not look as good as that. I would just prefer Sideshow put a closed ES on that thing.

Oh btw I never said money is not an object for me, I don't have a money tree.
All I ever said for statues that are priced at $800-$2000, money is not an issue for me now if I really like them, I would buy, but the lack of ES prevents me to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Back