Do you let friends borrow games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well one of my buds who messed up one of my games and says I'm being a baby about it has a hot wife. If he lets me have sex with her, I'll forgive him and he can borrow all the games he wants from me and if he ruins them, I get to screw his wife for each game ruined. I think thats fair.

That should be the new rule from now on. I hope my wife understands when it is time to fulfill my contractual obligations. :wink1:

Borrowing and letting friends borrow games goes way back to when I was 7 years old and we would do this with NES games. Of course, it depends on the friend and how careful they are with things.

I won't ever let my sister borrow a CD again, I'll say that much. If I give her one, I'll just let her keep it.

RIP Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream :monkey2

2. Feelings (unless you're...you know)
An emotional person? I'm not sure that I understand. Can you please clarify? Thanks.

I usually never had a problem untill recently when I let severall friends borrow a few games and they came back scratched and the covers messed up (including RE5 and Survivor which WAS in perfect shape). While the games still work, it's very irritating since I like to keep my games and their sleeves in mint condition (unless bought otherwise) and even worse when I borrow anything from a friend, I treat their stuff better than my own and when my stuff isn't treated the same I feel a bit disrespected. Now the friend who borrowed RE5 was a real bud and bought me a new copy of the game after I told him I was a kinda ticked the game wasn't in the same condition as before and he kept the old copy but my other friends think I'm being unfair since I told them I'm kinda hesitant in letting them borrow stuff from me in the future. Now I haven't asked nor do I expect them to buy me new copies cause like I said the games still work, but am I right in feeling a bit disrespected or am I being too picky. I know none of them did it on purpous but still, they all know I like to keep my stuff in mint condition whenever possible.

Perfectly valid! I am the exact same way.

I should have learned my lesson when I had let several friends borrow stuff and they always came back scratched or the case scuffed, but one time, I let my cousin borrow an expensive anime box set, and every single disc was scratched and the collectible box was ruined. I would have thought a family member would have treated my things better, but guess not. :dunno

I used to let friends borrow games all the time until the 9th grade a "friend" wanted to borrow a ton of games for the weekend for some family thing going on. This "friend" moved across the country that weekend with my stuff.

Since then, never done it.

Wow man, that really sucks...Hunt him down!

I've had this problem many times. These days the only person I lend
my stuff to wether it be books,dvd/blu-rays & games is my brother.
He understands the way I feel about my stuff and respects it.
In the past friends have borrowed stuff and never returned it and I hate having to ask for my stuff back, I should'nt have to.
Thses days my close friends know me well enough that they
don't bother asking.

I never did up until one point where my friend wanted to borrow one of the discs of Final Fantasy IX. It wasn't too long ago that this happened. Anyways, he ended up telling me that it 'somehow' broke and well, I guess now you can say that I'll never lend a game out to anyone ever again.

I should have figured it would end up that way when he broke a game that belonged to another friend and when I saw that most of his games ended up being coasters.

I have no problem lending out my stuff, as long as it comes back the way it left. Which is flawless.

The worst case was when my gf's sister borrowed a dvd, and we came over one day and I found the dvd was being used as a coaster. Needless to say, I have never lent her anything again.

I dont really have a problem loaning stuff to people if I know them well enough. I used to loan my stuff out to casual friends but a couple of instances of carelessness occured so it's limited to people I can trust. I've still gotten some things back in less than perfect shape but I don't flip out if it doesn't look like intentional carelessness. They are just material possessions and I don't have OCD about my stuff like a lot of people.

Let a family member borrow 5 games. Last I heard some of his friends had them so I tore his name outta the family Bible and decided in the future, "no".

DVD'S Are one thing , they are relativley cheap , but £40.00 games and blu ray's i don't think so.

I used to let my buddies borrow dvds and games, but since a couple of situations, no more just to the few guys i know that take care of stuff like my self or if i dont want that item anymore they can take it otherwise im thight with my stuff, sorry guys!!

On any ocassions when I HAVE let people borrow them, the games disappear and later I find out that they sold them/traded them in for something else. :slap
I haven't let anyone borrow games now since Killer Instinct Gold and I doubt I will.

i never let friends borrow games anymore beacuse one time i lent one of my friends Tenchu for psone and it came back all scratched up, he musta put it in a blender by mistake :dunno but from that day ive never lent out a game again.

I will never understand how peope let their dvd's and cd's get all scratched up. How difficult is it to open the case and put the disk back in when you are done. It takes like 5 seconds.

I never let anyone borrow anything anymore. what ive learned over the past few years is other people always ____ up your ____

Back