Do you let friends borrow games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never understand how peope let their dvd's and cd's get all scratched up. How difficult is it to open the case and put the disk back in when you are done. It takes like 5 seconds.

i know. :gah: its not like theyre giving them away or anything, especially games.

I have no problem lending out my stuff, as long as it comes back the way it left. Which is flawless.

The worst case was when my gf's sister borrowed a dvd, and we came over one day and I found the dvd was being used as a coaster. Needless to say, I have never lent her anything again.

Not another coaster converter!

Lent my Wii system and a bunch of games to a family friend, returned it back with the games scratched and the door housing the gamecube plug-in broken. Lesson learned.

I've loaned CDs that came back scratched which pretty much made me stop loaning stuff unless its to someone who I know treats it with respect as I would. I've never understood how people borrow things and treat it poorly. Of course I'm a total neat freak too and cant stand ANYTHING out of place or messed up.

I've loaned CDs that came back scratched which pretty much made me stop loaning stuff unless its to someone who I know treats it with respect as I would. I've never understood how people borrow things and treat it poorly. Of course I'm a total neat freak too and cant stand ANYTHING out of place or messed up.

I think most of us collectors can be diagnosed with some degree of OCD when it comes to our possessions and their condition in particular. But it's no different than borrowing a car from someone; if you bang it up you're expected to cover the cost of repairs. Why people don't think that applies to media is beyond me.

I will never understand how peope let their dvd's and cd's get all scratched up. How difficult is it to open the case and put the disk back in when you are done. It takes like 5 seconds.

i know. :gah: its not like theyre giving them away or anything, especially games.

Well, I'm proud to say that all of the new game disks that I bought over the years are in perfect, scratch-free condition. Even my old disks like Tie-fighter, Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, and Mechwarrior 2 - still scratch-free :horror. I stopped buying used games years ago, because most of the time, they're kept in pathetic condition by their original owners.

i do it all the time.
General rule. game will be returned to me in the same, or BETTER condition it was in upon its departure.

meaning, one scratch, it gets replaced with a new one.

I'll never let anyone borrow any of my stuff because history have taught me that people will always treat stuff that's not theirs poorly.

I have new dvds that that came back to me like it was passed around ten people and he has the nerve to tell me it was like that when he borrow it.

Man reading these makes me see just how stingy and ____ people are about stuff. I can understand it to a point, really I can, but one bad experience doesn't mean you are always gonna have it.

If it is really that big of a problem then you people must have some pretty careless and s#!tty friends and family members. Maybe you should hang out with a better class of people? If they can't take care of someone else's property then I'd say it's time to go back to kindergarten and learn some skills they missed. :lol

Yes, why not. As long as I know the game is in good hands...

Back