Do you hide how much you spend on toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo customz

Super Freak
Reaction score
So many guys i know seem to hide from their wife/girlfriend how much they spend on their hobby,
seems i never meet a girl that hides it from their better half------curious--------

Nope. As long as the bills get paid and there's food on the table, we have an understanding that neither one of us have to get permission to buy our toys.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Even I don't know how much I spend on toys. I don't dare work it out. However my wants list is far bigger than she probably suspects and I certainly won't be offering up this information.

I don't have to explain myself to Nobody :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Untitled-1.jpg

I used to be evasive about what I was spending when I first started collecting 1/6. I even made a stupid thread about it. As it turned out, my girl didn't GAS.

1) If you are with a woman who cares...you are with the wrong woman.

2) If you don'r make enough money to make your hobby inconsequential...you need a higher-paying job.

I don't have to hide how much money I've spent on things from a girlfriend or wife because I would never have a girlfriend or wife. :lol

No but really, I don't have a boyfriend so it's not anything I have to worry about. I've only had 2 boyfriend since I started collecting when I was 16, 4 years ago. My last ex boyfriend didn't give a ____, & my ex boyfriend before that collects Hot Toys, NECA etc so he understood. I've never had any concerns.

Last edited:
1) If you are with a woman who objects...you are with the wrong woman.

2) If you don'r make enough money to make your hobby inconsequential...you need a higher-paying job.

Fixed. You want a woman who cares and appreciates them like you do.

Depends on the type of toys. No matter the age group everyone buys toys.

Stigma between those rooted within someone's childhood or nerdism vs. toys that either take down trees or goes off roading is unfair in my books. Toys this day an age often refer to how someone spends their money in an attempt to reward themselves. Aslong as it doesn't damage your health I don't think anyone has to be ashamed or hide it from anyone else.

Takes a lot of passion and balls to buy the type of stuff SSC makes. As collectors we knew this before we even made our first purshases.

No need to hide the amount. And even if there was, it's not worth hiding.

She might've noticed and is saving it as ammunition for the next argument. :huh

She probably did notice it and thought, "Oh my God! Not ANOTHER statue!
Gotta keep calm, gotta keep calm...Gotta bite my lip... But if he buys much more, he's really going to get it."
I would be much more relieved to hear her say in an upbeat tone, "I see you've bought another statue."

Back