Do you display any of your collection at work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillingYouGuy

Super Freak
Reaction score
It has passed my mind several times to have a lockable display case at work to show off some of my collection and spice up the old office. I hold off for two reasons: 1) I just don't trust that somebody would not steal it (people already steal my food :gah:) 2) My work place culture is not exactly laid back and it would probably bother some people. Just curious if anyone here does that or has thoughts on it...

I have my own office and an extremely cool, laid back work environment, so I can put stuff up without bothering others too much. And I do have some Minimates on display (Ghostbusters and Back to the Future), as well as my Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker.

I used to pull out figures for a week or so before I took them home (got delivered to work). I have Leonidis on my desk at work at the moment cos my assistant is a Gerard Butler fan.

I dont put anything crazy at work...but i definitely spice up my desk with some little things...

gentle giant animated obi wan 809/2000

and the star wars death star cookie jar....i also have a mighty muggs storm trooper off to the side...

I work in the construction industry so I can't display my hot toys in my tool belt because it would get wrecked pretty bad.

Couple 3 3/4" Joes, Marvel Heroes and C3P0 and R2D2 and some Hot Wheels.

Crap that if someone did decide to take off with would just generate a meh from me.

I have a few pieces in my office just to give a bit of flavor, but not to be overwhelming. I'm a pyschologist so having a few pieces tends to give clients something they can recognize and connect with... but I keep it low key so as not to overwhelm anyone's senses :lol

I have a few pieces in my office just to give a bit of flavor, but not to be overwhelming. I'm a pyschologist so having a few pieces tends to give clients something they can recognize and connect with... but I keep it low key so as not to overwhelm anyone's senses :lol

Should we be calling you Dr. Galactiboy? :lecture

I used to have a ton of stuff in my cubicle (back when I had one) and I used to change it up for the holidays. My favorite was my Creature from the Black Lagoon PF. People would stop by my desk all day long to admire it. For some reason I never really thought about the security aspect. My building had access points like Fort Knox and cameras out the hoohaa so I always felt safe.

It has passed my mind several times to have a lockable display case at work to show off some of my collection and spice up the old office. I hold off for two reasons: 1) I just don't trust that somebody would not steal it (people already steal my food :gah:) 2) My work place culture is not exactly laid back and it would probably bother some people. Just curious if anyone here does that or has thoughts on it...

WOW, do we work at the same place? :lol

I'm a designer, so I've always worked at somewhat laid-back environments. I've always had figures displayed... but nothing high-end... usually some Star Wars stuff, or Transformers, MOTu... actual toys!
Currently in my office I have NECA Gremlins, Bandai Thundercats, Mezco King Kong, and a few Hasbro SW.

I've thought about it, but I wouldn't want to leave them in the office simply because I would miss them! I also generally don't like to have much personal stuff because I would want to be able to pack up my desk and leave forever at a moment's notice.

If I had to, I could clean out my desk in five seconds, and nobody would ever know that I'd ever been here. And I'd forget, too. -Ryan from The Office

Back