Do you acknowledge the Expanded Universe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth do you cling to?

• If it wasn't in the movies, it didn't happen

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Movies + other filmed content (The Clone Wars etc)

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Some of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Most of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • All of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 12.4%

• Total voters
I don't acknowledge the Expanded Universe whatsoever...just the theatrical films for Episodes 1-6.

Heck, I try to pretend Jar Jar didn't exist...why would I acknowledge anything outside of the movie realm. :lol

I don't acknowledge the Expanded Universe whatsoever...just the theatrical films for Episodes 1-6.

Heck, I try to pretend Jar Jar didn't exist...why would I acknowledge anything outside of the movie realm. :lol

Because in the end, it all passes through Lucasfilm, Inc and is all fiction anyways?

What I have a problem with is why Lucasfilm would let anything get approved that they know will conflict with the movies or will conflict with GL's personal ideas?

I've read, played the games, etc.. etc.. on all kinds of EU stuff. The quality has ranged greatly from story to story. Some sucked and some are good. But there are some real gems for sure. I'm glad I give it a chance, because I would hate to have missed out on stuff like "Tales of the Jedi" and "Legacy".

Honestly, most of the EU stuff is much more enjoyable to me than the prequel movies. :lol

I don't even give any thought to what's "canon" or not. They're all just fantasy stories, and I treat them as such. None are more real then the other to me. I never really got why folks get so concerned about this stuff :huh

If it wasn't in the OT, I don't care. Everything else is various kinds of crap. EU crap is no better or worse than the PT crap.

(well, KotR was fun)

I've said it before: Star Wars is like The Holy Bible. You ignore the things you don't like (or justify them with outrageous supposition.)

Some of the Dark Horse stories were really good. However, I only feel inlclined to buy statues and props which originated in the original trilogy.

I love the EU. Granted, some of it is better than others, but the more Star Wars the better in my opinion.

OT is 100% cannon.

PT is like 42.84% cannon for me. Like Mike said, I will choose what I want to believe happened.

Anything outside of the 6 movies is 100% caca.

I notice alot of people only like the movies or consider them canon or however you want to put it, so just out of curiosity, what makes something on screen by default better than something in print?

I notice alot of people only like the movies or consider them canon or however you want to put it, so just out of curiosity, what makes something on screen by default better than something in print?

Because SW started out on screen, it was never a written property. The books developed out of the popularity of the movies. So for me, the movies are the source, all the books are just fan fiction imo, better or not.

I've said it before: Star Wars is like The Holy Bible. You ignore the things you don't like (or justify them with outrageous supposition.)

This is a good way to put it!

Except Star Wars has more chance of holding some truth.:monkey1

Apologies to any true believers. Just my SABIHAO (Sorry Assed, Burn In Hell, Atheist Opinion!)

Last edited:
The six film saga!

The only EU I acknowledge as canon is the new Clone Wars series. Thats only because Lucas is HEAVILY involved with every aspect of it. Star Wars IS Lucas'!

I do enjoy a lot of the EU, but I've always looked at it as a "what if scenario."

I voted "Movies + other filmed content (The Clone Wars etc)"

I voted for all of it because it's all fun. As for what's canon and what's not, I guess that depends on George's mood as every single aspect of the Lucasfilm camp is "Lucas approved" and as he's shown with the SEs, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing is safe when he changes his mind.

To me everything that is consistent with the movies and is approved by Lucas is cannon. Everything that is released under the Star Wars franchise is approved by Lucas' Company.

And even the consistency thing is complicated, the prequel trilogy is not always consistent with the original.

And when EU is not consistent with EU, well, then I get to choose what I like most:D.

So, to me is like:
OT - Truth
PT - Truth, but with some minor deviations due to the messenger
EU - Talking about the truth, but sometimes, through metaphors.

No EU for me, just the 6 movies.

I would read EU stuff but simply wouldn't be buying any EU collectibles.

Will get things from the CW animated series only if they appear in the way I see them on screen.

Back