Do you acknowledge the Expanded Universe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth do you cling to?

• If it wasn't in the movies, it didn't happen

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Movies + other filmed content (The Clone Wars etc)

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Some of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Most of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • All of the Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 12.4%

• Total voters
I'd normally go with just the movies, but the original Clone Wars cartoons were tailored specifically to fit in with AOTC and ROTS. I don't consider them to be pure canon, but they are as close to the movies as EU gets.

I really liked the Republic run from Dark Horse during the Clone Wars era, and I'd be tempted to pick up stuff before that. There are a few Clone War era novels I've enjoyed as well. That's about the extent of my interest beyond Ep. I-VI though.

To me...some of the best stories and characters have come from the EU. I actually prefer it (EU) over some of the movies.

I'm weird I guess. :D

i acknowledge...that the EU represents a huge guilty pleasure for me. love it. as far as if it's canon...who cares. i enjoy it. generally i guess all the EU stuff, like the prequels, has an asterisk beside it. i kid. i kid.

I enjoy all aspects of the Star Wars Universe, films, books, video games whatever. I don't get hung up on what is or isn't canon, I enjoy it for what it is.:emperor
If you accept cloning is a reality in the star wars world, any character can be cloned. It is totally in character for the Emporer to want to perpetuate his existance by cloning himself.

I like most of the OT and post OT Expanded universe, but even though there are a few that are not so good. I got tons of comics on DVD's and enjoyed reading. Some of the EU are way better than PT...

I don't go for anything after Ep6. Anything before it (EP6) is fine by me, the games KOTOR, the novels, catoon, CG and graphic novels. I heard about some of the events on the novels after EP6, for my friends and me, most are weak. Worse being the Yuzhong Vong crap!

one can choose to discount... or ignore... ore even pretend... but the EU is just as valid as the movies.

one can choose to discount... or ignore... ore even pretend... but the EU is just as valid as the movies.

001155_3.jpg

I acknowledge that most of it SUCKS!! :rotfl

Honestly, I ignore most of it minus Shadows of the Empire, the X-Wing book series, the Thrawn trilogy, and the Bioware games.

Haters, some of you are! Thats what Yoda would say to some of you. All of it is great story telling expanding something that gets boring after awhile.

Back