do his eatien by alligator at pond or creek n.c.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can a mod please edit the title of this thread with proper grammar and spelling? I'm tired of seeing "do his eatien" :lol.

Do his eaten? By alligator at pond... or creek. North Carolina!

There, fixed. :wave

Close. It was three young men at the San Francisco Zoo. One of the young men was killed by Tatiana the tiger, but the other two, brothers, escaped - though permanently scarred by tiger's mauling. However, the zoo was found negligible because the tiger fence was only 12.5 feet high, instead of 18 feet. This allowed the tiger's escape. The three teenagers taunted Tatiana by throwing pine cones into her enclosure, possibly even climbing and dangling their legs over the fence. They were wrong for doing so, but the zoo was also wrong for having an inadequate tiger fence. Tatiana was on the loose when police arrived and was shot and killed when she started to stalk a police officer. I read a while back that the brothers subsequently gained a criminal record, and one later died, though unrelated to the attack.

They sound like POS scumbags. I have no sympathy for them.

That's what they tell you, but I don't believe it. They eat meat period, just like wolves or any predator. The parks are more afraid of people not coming to the parks anymore because of a bear killing someone, so they kill it so people will think it's safe.
Same. I don't buy it. Either way, I still don't think that's a justifiable reason to kill them.

My god. Why can't people just leave wild animals the **** alone. If you've made the decision to explore/camp in an area with bears or other potentially dangerous wild animals, that's on you. They have to rely on instinct. They don't necessarily have the ability to choose or use rational thought. We do though, and when we make the wrong decisions...they have to pay for it. With their lives.

Yep. Sad that the tiger had to suffer and die because of those despicable humans though.

That's what they tell you, but I don't believe it. They eat meat period, just like wolves or any predator. The parks are more afraid of people not coming to the parks anymore because of a bear killing someone, so they kill it so people will think it's safe.

It's actually well-documented amongst predators such as lions and tigers. Some big cats are known for having hunted and killed hundreds of people before being exterminated, such as a tiger in Nepal and a leopard in India that each killed over 400 people. Some of the animals have been found to have injuries that made hunting their normal prey impossible, but others were found to be perfectly healthy and simply seemed to acquire a taste for humans.

Here's a good wiki article on the matter, with many links to specific instances of man-eating animals.

I think most attacks (such as with bears in national parks) if the attack is "unprovoked," meaning the humans were just walking or sleeping, the animal is often destroyed. However, if the animal attacks due to it protecting a cub, it is often spared.

Same. I don't buy it. Either way, I still don't think that's a justifiable reason to kill them.

My god. Why can't people just leave wild animals the **** alone. If you've made the decision to explore/camp in an area with bears or other potentially dangerous wild animals, that's on you. They have to rely on instinct. They don't necessarily have the ability to choose or use rational thought. We do though, and when we make the wrong decisions...they have to pay for it. With their lives.

Yep. Sad that the tiger had to suffer and die because of those despicable humans though.

But simply walking down a trail in Glacier National Park isn't a wrong decision. No one attempts to be eaten by a wild animal. It just happens sometimes. It's no different than being bitten by a black widow and subsequently killing it so it can't bite again.

Killing an animal known to hunt humans allows researchers to study the creature to see what may have caused it to attack, and as gruesome as this sounds, allows any human remains consumed returned to the family. It also allows protects further people from harm. Although I'm generally not even a fan of most hunting, I really have no problem with this. No one is going to visit Yellowstone National Park if a bear is allowed to go on a killing rampage, killing 150 people a year. Obviously that can't be allowed to stand.

In the case of Tatiana the Tiger, she was charging a policeman, who had no choice but to shoot her (multiple times) before she stopped her charge. Any of us would've done the same to keep her from killing us.

They were definitely scumbags. However, had the zoo met the proper fencing requirements for a tiger, their taunts wouldn't have elicited a fatal response from Tatiana. There were multiple parties at fault here.

The dog attacked the gator and the gator simply stood his ground .... :monkey1....

But simply walking down a trail in Glacier National Park isn't a wrong decision. No one attempts to be eaten by a wild animal. It just happens sometimes. It's no different than being bitten by a black widow and subsequently killing it so it can't bite again.

Killing an animal known to hunt humans allows researchers to study the creature to see what may have caused it to attack, and as gruesome as this sounds, allows any human remains consumed returned to the family. It also allows protects further people from harm. Although I'm generally not even a fan of most hunting, I really have no problem with this. No one is going to visit Yellowstone National Park if a bear is allowed to go on a killing rampage, killing 150 people a year. Obviously that can't be allowed to stand.
I just don't see it that way. Going to Yellowstone National Park isn't something we have to do to survive. It's a luxury. It's a vacation. It's also the bears' home.

If a single bear is killing 150 people a year, then yes, I completely agree. But I don't think anything like that would ever happen if people left them alone and stayed out of their territory. I don't know if they have anything like this or not, but if you want to go see Yellowstone, I think it'd make much more sense to take a tour in a vehicle.

In the case of Tatiana the Tiger, she was charging a policeman, who had no choice but to shoot her (multiple times) before she stopped her charge. Any of us would've done the same to keep her from killing us.
I don't blame the police officer at all. Just the ********* kids and the zoo for not having the proper fencing height.

It reminds me of Dumbo, when the kids where harassing Dumbo's mom in the movie.

I also have zero sympathy for them. It kind of makes me more sad that the tiger was shot.

Back