Do Achievements/Trophies change how you play games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you play games differently because of Achievements/Trophies?

• Total voters
I like the system, it does make you want to go back and see if you can achieve them. I don't go all out on something though, if it's beyond my skills... i just leave it alone after a while. I'm not that worried about it. And like Jen, I never get the public matches achievments... I hate dealing with people online who I am not friends with.

But the system is fun, it really adds a new dynamic to a game. Makes you do things you normally wouldn't, like startling a "witch" over and over again to get the CRWNED achievement. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/54vtXRI32MQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/54vtXRI32MQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of course they do. Why the hell else would I have gotten 800/1000 achievements point on Lego Indiana Jones. Only because this was a game easy enoguh for me to rack up some points.

I voted no. No acheivement matches for Keith. :lol

It is nice to have them but if I can't get them by playing through the game the way I want to play I say screw em. :lol

I voted no. No acheivement matches for Keith. :lol

It is nice to have them but if I can't get them by playing through the game the way I want to play I say screw em. :lol

You've never played a game through again for achievements (like Gears or Halo)?
But I do agree with the achievement matches. Definitely not for me.

You've never played a game through again for achievements (like Gears or Halo)?
But I do agree with the achievement matches. Definitely not for me.

Nope....I played GOW through all of the levels once. Halo I played through it once and done. I usually end up getting about 450 to 500 points for every game I play. It takes me forever to beat a game Jen would beat in a day. I usually (fallout type game aside) will sit and play for around an hour before I shut something off. That is unless I am playing with you guys online. Other than that I just don't want to be bothered with finding every little thing in a game. I just want to advance the story and keep it going.

I don't like to play through a game several times most of the time, but you have to unlock Insane mode on Gears so you have to play through it again for that achievment. You also have to play all the way through for the co-op as well so I played story mode 3 times for Gears 2.

Most of the time I read what the achievements are before I play through so I can go for as many as possible on ONE play through.

Yeah i play differently. I tend to stray away from the main quests and go searching for hidden stuff to get acheivements.

Nope....I played GOW through all of the levels once. Halo I played through it once and done. I usually end up getting about 450 to 500 points for every game I play. It takes me forever to beat a game Jen would beat in a day. I usually (fallout type game aside) will sit and play for around an hour before I shut something off. That is unless I am playing with you guys online. Other than that I just don't want to be bothered with finding every little thing in a game. I just want to advance the story and keep it going.

I hate to say this, but it looks like you played through multiple times (on each difficulty).

And you got all the cog tags....which I doubt you got all of them on one play through.
:monkey3:peace

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but it looks like you played through multiple times (on each difficulty).

And you got all the cog tags....which I doubt you got all of them on one play through.
:monkey3:peace

Yep I got my last two cog tags when I played it on insane. That's what I said earlier. I played every single difficulty once. :dunno

Now there were times when I played co-op and such. But not for acheivements because I already had them. Take a look at pretty much all of my acheivements for my games. You will see an average of 4 to 500. The exception being GOW, Oblivion, and King Kong. The question was does acheivements effect how you play the game. The answer my friend is still no.

Back