Do Achievements/Trophies change how you play games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you play games differently because of Achievements/Trophies?

• Total voters

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is building off a thread that Rabid Wolverine started a while ago.

So, the gist is does getting these unlockables change the way you play your 360/PS3 games?

Do you find yourself going back and doing things in games you wouldn't normally have done (like look for all the skulls in Halo 3)?

Does it also lead to increased replayability on some games for you?

For me, they totally have. If not for them, I doubt I would have gone back to beat Gears 1 & 2 on the harder difficulty levels or done every single quest-line in Oblivion.

So, sound off...

Yeah, I do. I didn't used to, but now I go after them if they are not something ridiculously hard to do.

Yeah...it's a nice challenge and bonus...but I don't feel that I have to have them all. For instance with Gears 2...I don't really care much for public matches so if I don't get those it's not a big deal to me.

I can see me playing some games more to get them, but I'm not going to do anything crazy to get them (like complete a career in Guitar Hero III using only the standard controller).

Yeah...it's a nice challenge and bonus...but I don't feel that I have to have them all. For instance with Gears 2...I don't really care much for public matches so if I don't get those it's not a big deal to me.

:lecture AMEN, SISTER!! :lecture

I hate playing with the great unwashed masses due to most people on Live being rascist, ignorant 12 year-old schmucks. I know not everyone on Live is like that, but that's largely been my experience.

Give me a game with the Brotherhood, or nothing.

i dont really care if i get an achievement or trophy, just as long as i'm having fun with the game.....i aint gonna die if i dont get em or not.

I hate playing with the great unwashed masses due to most people on Live being rascist, ignorant 12 year-old schmucks. I know not everyone on Live is like that, but that's largely been my experience...
That's the beauty of the party system, when I've played for my Public Achievements it's just been me and four of my brothers and we don't hear a peep from the other team. :cool:

I'll go out of my way from time to time to earn them, but for the most part I don't care too much. It's nice having some of the harder ones in case some of my friends don't believe it. Nobody believes I beat Battletoads when I was a kid and I can't prove it, but I can sure prove that I beat CoD4 on Veteran, or got all the achievements in Geometry Wars.

It's nice when they're designed in such a way as to encourage you to explore more of the game world and have some extra fun with it.

A first go through I'd say no. But it certainly adds replayabilitly to certain games. It makes it fun to replay a game a different way (Fable 2, Mass Effect), so how can this possibly be a bad thing?

I wanted to say no, I play a game cause I want to and not to get achievements. But I'm guilty of going back and doing things that I wouldn't have if it weren't for the achievements. So yeah I think it adds a lot of replay value to games at the very least. But I won't go for achievements if they are insanely hard to get, they aren't that important to me.

No, i play the game. If I get a Achievement, kewl, if not, no big deal.

Agree, i'm not a tool.

Yeah that's right, i called some of you tools!
1358.gif

It depends on the game. For example, since I like Gears, I look for any reason to play it while in Halo 3 I played the campaign once and that was enough. I didn't care to go back for achievements.

Back