Dj custom toys gump

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until then I'll be using this sculpt/setup.

Really looking forward to this figure though. I was "this" close to trying to pick up an Iris clothing set somewhere. Glad this is coming to save me $$$ Screenshot_20181228-103031_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ha! Same here. It's sad when bootlegs are piquing my interest more than official releases.

I would be interested if the sculpt was really good but even the proto of this looks really rough.

Asking a bit much from a 3rd party company that don't have a license. The likeness is there but not 100% But beats some previous version and we'll probably now see more sculpts. :rotfl The price point is perfect if the outfit turns out nice then we've got a winner for what you get I'd happily take a knock on the sculpt being a bit off.

It's slowly becoming a hobby where 3rd party companies are giving us better stuff..... lets face it without them we'd be stuck with Ironman that's :lol

Last edited:
Asking a bit much from a 3rd party company that don't have a license. The likeness is there but not 100% But beats some previous version and we'll probably now see more sculpts. :rotfl The price point is perfect if the outfit turns out nice then we've got a winner for what you get I'd happily take a knock on the sculpt being a bit off.

It's slowly becoming a hobby where 3rd party companies are giving us better stuff..... lets face it without them we'd be stuck with Ironman that's :lol

I admit that I am not exactly dying to have a 1/6 Gump but if it was a great Hanks likeness I would buy. I just don't think this one is very good. Nothing against those who are happy to see this, I enjoy seeing some of the underserved knock off figures getting made too.

Agreed. Kinda tiring seeing the endless marvel/Disney parade on this forum. Miss the customs sections [emoji30]

I could be wrong but it looks like this is a modified jnix sculpt. There are certain markers that are exact to his sculpt. The thinning of the face that comes with recasting may be the reason this sculpt looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your eyes tested man this happened with soosoo and Eleven. Turns out Soosoo toys accused Eleven of recasting based off a picture then looking at the details clearly wasn't the same. :rotfl

I quite like both Jinx is really good and the other one yeah isn't 100% perfect but good.

They're definitely different. They're similar because they're both actually pretty good Tom Hanks. The hair and eyebrows are different, looks like more folds above the eye brow area of the jnix.

No doubt it’s different but as Vijay has shown us cough cough you can take a sculpt thin it out by recasting, modify it here and there and call it your own. The new Harrison ford blade runner figure did the same by modifying hot toys sculpt. It looks diff cause face was thinned out and hair redone.

Once again I could be wrong and if they did do it I’m not mad at em cause it does look better. On the negative it looks like it could be suffering from small head syndrome which recasting would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your eyes tested man this happened with soosoo and Eleven. Turns out Soosoo toys accused Eleven of recasting based off a picture then looking at the details clearly wasn't the same. :rotfl

I quite like both Jinx is really good and the other one yeah isn't 100% perfect but good.

Yeah I know but in that case the differences were a lot more pronounced, plus the comparison pics were from the same angle so easier to tell.

In this case, as the angles aren’t the same I just wondered if it could have been a recast of an existing sculpt where the details had warped in the process (like in the recent knock off Stan Lee recast of the Hot Toys sculpt).

Wish I hadn’t asked now...

They look NOTHING alike!!! LMAOO Where you also the guy posting on FB???

Yes I am and I simply asked if it could be a recast where the sculpt had warped, if I’d known I was going to get a barrage of sarcasm I would have kept my mouth shut!

Yes I am and I simply asked if it could be a recast where the sculpt had warped, if I’d known I was going to get a barrage of sarcasm I would have kept my mouth shut!
Don't worry man. You're not the only one that saw similarities in both sculpts. Some people are just rude.

People seem to forget manners when not talking to people face to face.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I know but in that case the differences were a lot more pronounced, plus the comparison pics were from the same angle so easier to tell.

In this case, as the angles aren’t the same I just wondered if it could have been a recast of an existing sculpt where the details had warped in the process (like in the recent knock off Stan Lee recast of the Hot Toys sculpt).

Wish I hadn’t asked now...

Haha never hurts to ask :rotfl
I apologise if it came across as rude my bad.

Must admit when I saw the 1st pic I did think it was Jnix but then saw close ups but did compare.... totally with you on the angles it can throw it off.

I wonder what the quality of DJ toys will be....if looks that good would be happy. It's when op for cheap PVC it just loses the details so hopefully comes out like that or near. :lecture

Back