Divorce Forces Man to Sell Star Trek Apt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Divorce Forces Man to Sell Star Star Trek Apt

I know a lot of people who spend all of their time making 1:1 props. Those guys have trouble making things look anywhere near as "correct" as this guys apartment. To think of them losing EVERYTHING like this is mind blowing. And then you think that this is his home too. Simply mind blowing.

I think a lot of you guys just see geek and shut your brains off without thinking of the time and work and what I would call art.

That's the thing. I don't see a geek. I see a guy that is obsessed to the point of probably being mentally ill. A guy that is so ill he let his obsession likely ruin his marriage. A guy that is so ill he would rather have more ____ in his house than a bed.

That's the thing. I don't see a geek. I see a guy that is obsessed to the point of probably being mentally ill. A guy that is so ill he let his obsession likely ruin his marriage. A guy that is so ill he would rather have more ____ in his house than a bed.

Yeah, I see your point there.

I do a little because divorce is horrible. That said I think this guy needed a reality check. His "addiction" is likely a major factor in his divorce. Maybe he will come to the conclusion that there are far more important things than converting your entire home into a Star Trek ship? These Trekkies or Trekkers take this crap way too far. :lecture

Yeah, who does that? Fill their homes up with memorabilia crap, dress in stupid outfits, behave in outrageous ways, talk in made up alien languages, endlessly debate on who could beat who in a fight, quote useless trivia, eat unappetizing food that looks like something from Mars at big parties with their geek friends, role play about fantasy groups of people (even make bets on them!), engage in superstitious rituals to supposedly enhance the performance of their favorite characters? Who DOES that??

Oh, yeah - sports fans... sad to see that kinda mental illness... :wink1: :rotfl :peace

Pretty cool apartment, but he should've gone with the TOS scheme. So much easier to pull off. :lol

Yeah, who does that? Fill their homes up with memorabilia crap, dress in stupid outfits, behave in outrageous ways

You are missing the point. If said stupid sports fans turned their home into a football field and ran around in a cheerleading outfit while spitting out sun flower seeds it would be the same thing. :lecture

Last edited:

There is a HUGE difference. Should I decorate my entire house using Greek mythological creatures, while prancing around in robes, you would probably be onto something.

I think it would be awesome if you did that.

Well put, or he can just be eccentric. Either way, we don't know because we can't get inside the guy's head. Maybe that's a good thing. But I wouldn't also ignore the guy is just a unique mind that has a lot of passion. Sometimes passion can be confused for obsessiveness, or maybe they are one in the same to others.

You would think an apartment like this, would be difficult to sell and the ex would maybe try to strike a deal to let the guy buy it from her. If he could spend that much to create it, I would hope he made enough where he could take out a home loan and buy it...but then you never know.

Damn. Very impressive what he did to his house, but. . .like some of you are saying, he looks a bit overly focused on his hobby there. He should have bought the house first if he wanted to avoid the tears that are coming, though. It's a hard world out there. Cover your ass, people.

There is a HUGE difference. Should I decorate my entire house using Greek mythological creatures, while prancing around in robes, you would probably be onto something.
What's wrong with that? :mad:

You would think an apartment like this, would be difficult to sell and the ex would maybe try to strike a deal to let the guy buy it from her. If he could spend that much to create it, I would hope he made enough where he could take out a home loan and buy it...but then you never know.

She probably made all the money and he probably stayed home and played starship.

She probably made all the money and he probably stayed home and played starship.
I'm sorry, but he is a professional nightclub DJ! I'm sure he doesn't just call himself that while he "beams" his imaginary friends up and down from the planet surface like Miles O'Brien.

I didn't watch the whole video - but it says they separated in '94. I wonder how much of the remodel was while they were still together or if any of it happened afterwards.

I'm sorry, but he is a professional nightclub DJ! I'm sure he doesn't just call himself that while he "beams" his imaginary friends up and down from the planet surface like Miles O'Brien.

I must've missed that part. It's hard watching videos like that while I'm at work when I'm supposed to be working. I have to keep the volume pretty low. :monkey3

Publicity, she'll sell that house in no time now.

Maybe...I'm sure she'll get a lot of people wanting to take a peek, but I wonder how many would actually purchase it.

I didn't watch the whole video - but it says they separated in '94. I wonder how much of the remodel was while they were still together or if any of it happened afterwards.

Didn't he state in the video that he started the renovations in 97?

I must've missed that part. It's hard watching videos like that while I'm at work when I'm supposed to be working. I have to keep the volume pretty low. :monkey3
No worries. You see, he is from the enlightened future, where people don't take offense to snarky, ignorant comments such as yours. Now if you don't mind, he's just going to teleport his favorite teddy bear Snuggles to the Klingon planet!

Back