Display Cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard0fdragons

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all :wave

Advise required on a cabinet which I need to purchase to display some of my LOTR collection. The shelf's must be able to hold weight of at least 12kg. The shelf's need to be adjustable as some of the statues are 17inch tall..(UK location only)

Thanks in advance..

Agreed. If you have Ikea, I can recommend the Besta shelving units. You can customize them somewhat to your needs and space.

Agreed. If you have Ikea, I can recommend the Besta shelving units. You can customize them somewhat to your needs and space.

I second the Besta recommendation. I'm switching to that series and it's really the most practical and adaptable I've had so far

Love, love, love my Besta setup. Especially the adaptability of the units and ease of shelf re-arrangement. Since my taste in collecting changes so often that is a requirement. From statues, to 1:1 helmets, to the Aliens maquette, and back to signed hardcover collections, everything fits in these.

My only gripe, the larger wood framed glass doors tend to bow out at the center, but you cannot tell looking at them straight on.

My only other gripe, I should have gone with the lighter color. The dark swallows my collection in darkness. Take note!

I have Besta myself and I know plenty use the Detolf, hence my initial question.

Yup, we have IKEA here. That's where i got mine from, and they work perfectly for statues. As well as looking good, you can adjust the shelves to fit in tall statues like Sauron and Fell Beast vs Gwaihir fits in quite nicely too.

I may need to look into this option. I currently have two very nice glass and mirror cabinets, and while they've not complained about the weight of some of the figures, the shelves are not even remotely adjustable. I like that they are glass and mirrors and everything looks gorgeous in there, but I'm limited to about 12-14 inches or so.

Back