Display Backgrounds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennz

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to display my DX13 T2 battle damaged and Classic Predator with a background picture form the movie scene. So I can print it off and stick it to the back of the display case. However I haven't been able to find the right picture and the right size.

I was wonder if someone could help me find these or direct me to a place which I can locate those :)

Many thanks
Ben

Luke needs high def. pics for his prints, so if you can get Blu Ray shots yourself or find them on the net, then e-mail them to him, he may be able to assist you.

Thanks a lot !
I emailed Luke to see what he recommends. I wish Hot Toys would make their backgrounds available for download.

Finding high-res shots of specific movie scenes is very tricky. A Blu-ray shot will not work as it's only 1080p...will look rubbish when blown up to such a large size. Also, taking a screenshot of moving video will never really look good. You need actual photos.

For what you want though, you don't really need movie-specific scenes for it to work. For the DX13, just google high-res images of a steel mill, it would work well (I'm thinking about doing this myself). For the Pred, do the same but with a high res pic of a jungle.

Finding high-res shots of specific movie scenes is very tricky. A Blu-ray shot will not work as it's only 1080p...will look rubbish when blown up to such a large size. Also, taking a screenshot of moving video will never really look good. You need actual photos.

For what you want though, you don't really need movie-specific scenes for it to work. For the DX13, just google high-res images of a steel mill, it would work well (I'm thinking about doing this myself). For the Pred, do the same but with a high res pic of a jungle.

I have been looking for photos like that, but hard to find something that represent the movie scenes, But I agree with you that it needs a quite high res to look good when printed to that size.

Found few tropical jungle shots which is closest to how it was in first predator. Need to find a right one for T2

I used Blu Ray shots for two of my backgrounds from Luke. Quality isn't too bad, and the ones I used were from really old films where getting anything more truly "high def" would be impossible. I guess it will bug you if you stare at it really closely, but it suits my purposes.

Back