Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clone Wars? Don't get me Started... when you try to put the Republic Comics, CN Old Clone War and Books with Filoni's The Clone Wars. There are MAJOR sequence gaps in it. Least the Authors of the old corresponded to make their stories go with the others. Example of screw up Dark Horse's Republic Comics has Anakin getting his scar right as clones were getting Phase 2 armor and the clones still had color coded rank... Filoni has Anakin (with scar and no reason on how he got it) with Phase 1 clones with custom armor. Honestly maybe it is the best Disney gets Star Wars, because I hate the EU being screwed up...

So who will Michael Fassbender play in the new trilogy?

2988284_orig.jpg

Clone Wars? Don't get me Started... when you try to put the Republic Comics, CN Old Clone War and Books with Filoni's The Clone Wars. There are MAJOR sequence gaps in it. Least the Authors of the old corresponded to make their stories go with the others. Example of screw up Dark Horse's Republic Comics has Anakin getting his scar right as clones were getting Phase 2 armor and the clones still had color coded rank... Filoni has Anakin (with scar and no reason on how he got it) with Phase 1 clones with custom armor. Honestly maybe it is the best Disney gets Star Wars, because I hate the EU being screwed up...

Everybody knew that going in (except for apparently Traviss who thought she was better than everybody else). What Lucas says is canon is canon. Everything else is just potential. And ATM, that includes only the six films, the Clone Wars and for some odd reason, TFU. :lol

Are you serious? Your all in a huff over how he got his scar? Don't blame Filoni for the story gaps, thats all Lucas.

Some of the rants about the EU drive me insane. Its just a story, it's not like actual history. I think the entire EU needs to be redone. I can't read these new books. I don't want to read about 80 year old han solo. At some point these characters would say "Im out, Im retiring" and go off into the sunset.

Ah, why bother..

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to milk the living piss out of Star Wars from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of merchandising pimps so I can continue to grow my Jabba chins in peace."

Disney's stock dropped the day after its acquisition of Lucasfilm. :lol

Look at how Disney handled the Marvel movies.

Disney acquired Marvel after The Avengers was already in pre-production. So far, they've had zero to do with the films from Marvel Studios (aside from a distribution deal with Paramount). :monkey2

I see lots of wittle cute teddy bear Ewoks in Disney's future.

134117556336.jpg

____

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to milk the living piss out of Star Wars from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of merchandising pimps so I can continue to grow my Jabba chins in peace."

Disney's stock dropped the day after its acquisition of Lucasfilm. :lol

Disney acquired Marvel after The Avengers was already in pre-production. So far, they've had zero to do with the films from Marvel Studios (aside from a distribution deal with Paramount). :monkey2

I see lots of wittle cute teddy bear Ewoks in Disney's future.

134117556336.jpg

____

Lol poor Lucas ruining his own movies. I like his excuses for the prequels that they were made for children, and a new generation. Then he cuts Anakin legs off, chars his mangled remains. Kills his mother and wife. Seems like some pretty mature material for children. Don't get me started on all the lame cameos and Anakin making c3po. They should make all three prequels a dream Luke has about how he thought Anakin was turned to the Darkside

sent from my R2 unit

This is going to go either way, but one of the more disappointing aspects of it all, is the fact that Disney is going to be focusing more on the app/social gaming of the franchise and not really focus in on consoles...pretty much signifies the end of decent SW games on consoles after 1313 gets released.

It'll never happen, but I would LOVE Disney to remake the prequels to correlate with the Original Trilogy NOT the other way around.

Another Director Wish List:
David Yates from Harry Potters 5, 6, 7, 8 (he can bring along Nicholas Hooper for the score)
Joe Wright from Atonement-->the guy rocks at period pieces and could bring that classic feel like the original SW

As far as actors, can we get Ralph Fiennes?

As to Whedon and Abrams, I hope Disney does not go with them. As great as they are, I just don't see either of them in the driver's seat for Star Wars. If I had to put a finger on the reason why, I guess it's because I see SW as a timeless space *drama*, as opposed to what I see as their action/adventure genre. I'd also like someone with a little more distance between themselves and the license, and I don't think you get that with Abrams and Whedon.

I'm sure it's already been said but these stories are all brand new from George's outlines and will have nothing to do with any EU books, comics, or games. Also it will be a continuation of the original trilogy characters story with all new actors recast in the roles.

Y'know, regardless of their being much older now I think I really would love to see the original cast back at least one more time. Come on. Do it before they start dying.

Whoever mentioned seeing old Harrison at the controls of the Millenium Falcon was bang-on - that would be magical. Write the character to his approval (short of killing him) and pay him what he wants.

Have had some time to let this one sink in. Disneys is creating a blockbuster monopoly, and power to them, its clear they are trying to set the bar that THEY make epics, not just "disney" movies. TO be honest i have actually really enjoyed some of the latest movies they have put out, Pirates were pretty cool, Tron Legacy was awesome and i personally LOVED John Carter and the Marvel Studios flicks are really good thus far.

Its just crazy to think that LUCAS himself is out of the picture, ILM, Star Wars, Indiana, all the iconic things they created now are owned by Disney, who will most likely reboot everything. Time will tell.

Do you guys remember that story where lucas believed the world was gonna end? Was that true? Mabey he believes it and wants that cash.

Y'know, regardless of their being much older now I think I really would love to see the original cast back at least one more time. Come on. Do it before they start dying.

Whoever mentioned seeing old Harrison at the controls of the Millenium Falcon was bang-on - that would be magical. Write the character to his approval (short of killing him) and pay him what he wants.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Everyone wants to see this in a sequel to Return of the Jedi.

The ones that don't just don't know it yet that they do. :lol

Wow, say that out loud, a sequel to Return of the Jedi. :thud:

Not some lame TV show or CGI cartoon, a sequel to Return of the Jedi! :thud:

If its gonna be done though it has to be first up. There's all the time in the world to make SW films with new characters and casts, not so much time to do it with the original cast before it really would be ridiculous...I know some would argue it already is.

Back