Disney Takes Over Future Rights to Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford was too crotchety in the last one to think of him as anything other than taking Marcus Brody's place in a new movie. If they're going to continue the story with Ford, I'd like to see someone other than Shia play his son and go on that way.

If they want to go back and tell more Indy stories, I don't know how easy it would be for me to buy someone else playing the same part. But I'd be willing to give it a shot and do my best to not compare.

Spielberg's had many strokes of genius over his illustrious career; casting Cheyenne La Queef as the son of one of the most badass mothers to walk the earth was not one of them.:lecture

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the typical Shia hater. I've liked him well enough in a few movies. I just think he was a poor, but popular, choice for the last one. He doesn't have that innate bullsh*****s confidence quality Ford's Indy projected. He'd be more like a Clouseau version, which would suck eggs.

He'd be more like a Clouseau version, which would suck eggs.

:lol

Nice Pink Panther reference.

images

I would rather he'd died in the last one than see anyone other than Ford as the man. If they attempt to continue this franchise, I wish them nothing less than abject failure.

Lucas, Spielberg, Marshall and Kennedy messed up big time with KotCS, Le Booof was just the icing on the cake. But why did they turn Marion from the vodka drinking cigar smoking punch first ask questions later tomboy into Mrs Doubtfire? If they make Indy 5 then for ****s sake sort those two things out or don't bother making the film!!!

:exactly: Ford is Indy, period. Give him a chance to go out on a high note, then end the series. If they're gonna recast, I'd rather see Bradley play Mutt. :lol

Worst case scenario, Mutt died of a drug addiction during the 1960's and Cooper becomes a partner/surrogate son to old man Indy who then passes on the torch when he knows he can no longer do it. Boom. Solved your problem, Disney.:lol

Indiana Jones belongs to Ford. Period. End of story. I get what Disney wants to do from a financial standpoint, but this role belongs to Ford and no one else. Create a character that spawned from Jones' teaching archeology, don't recast him.

I think he would be a good candidate for a new Indiana Jones. He is famous enough to carry the new franchise also.

Harrison was old in the last one and is even older now... he can't really do too much. I would still love for him to be in the film, but to pass the torch or to work with his new protege. Even though Shia is his son, if they want to use the Mutt character as the new lead they need to recast.

As long as it's executed well and has a strong storyline, I'll check it out.

I am good with Cooper playing the role. But, I would like them to be prequels or set in between the existing movies.

Sounds good to me. Kill him off or recast. I don't even care if he ages 5-10 years too. :lol

Ignore listed/ :lecture Terrible people, all of you.

Indiana Jones belongs to Ford. Period. End of story. I get what Disney wants to do from a financial standpoint, but this role belongs to Ford and no one else. Create a character that spawned from Jones' teaching archeology, don't recast him.

This guy gets it.

I don't think the new guy should take the name or have it be a reboot, I want Harrison to stay Indy and for the new guy to be his protege. He can have a Sean Connery type of role, which I think he could excel at.

This guy gets it.

Only in the usual defensive fanboy posturing way. We all "get" that as fans, but some of us aren't so stubborn as to think we can argue against reality.

Ford owns about 10 pounds of weed and an earring collection that's probably pretty impressive. Disney owns the role of Indiana Jones. And they will more than likely put someone else in the fedora as him. Nothing to be done about it.

I'm surprisingly OK if they decide to move on. Though I'll always think of Ford as Indy, I think someone like Cooper can do justice to the franchise. Re-casting has worked just fine for James Bond. There are great stories (not associated with crystal skulls) that can be told with this character.

Ford is Han solo more than he is Indy, to me anyways lol. I would love to see more adventures from the whip and brown hat.

I don't see this as big of a problem as I do with Ed Helms being cast into the newly rebooted Naked Gun franchise:gah:

Back