Disney Takes Over Future Rights to Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING... WARNING... RANT IN PROGRESS...

If reboot, NAZIS OR FAIL and if we have NAZIs no historically incorrect emblems. If anyone has played Indy and the Staff of Kings game, you notice the swastika is replaced with a "+" (Looks like a damn templar symbol which is historically incorrect.) I'm so so tired of "think of the children attitude" and Indy is hardly PG, ntm imo being historically incorrect means Disney is a ***.

RANT OVER

I'd like to Harrison Ford have a decent film to end his run with the character.

Get a director and writer who understand why Raiders works in ways the other films don't.

If they make Indy 5, I'll probably watch it, i had no issue with Kingdom Skull

It was what it was, a fun Indy film, I try not to get too caught up if the franchise is all about fun and action

That being said, i honestly don't see the point of rebooting the franchise, I understand from Disney's perspective - money

But for me, it's not like there was anything wrong with the original films that warrants a complete reboot.

I get it with characters like Batman and Spidey, they benefit from the realistic world approaches that come with their reboots. To an extent.

But Indiana Jones, there was never any thematic point to try and tackle again (like Robocop and corporate greed etc) and I just don't see why anyone would want to see somebody else in that role re-hashing the old stories

and if they are gonna tell completely new stories, then create an original character and bring on a new franchise for a new generation to enjoy

If they make Indy 5, I'll probably watch it, i had no issue with Kingdom Skull

It was what it was, a fun Indy film, I try not to get too caught up if the franchise is all about fun and action

That being said, i honestly don't see the point of rebooting the franchise, I understand from Disney's perspective - money

But for me, it's not like there was anything wrong with the original films that warrants a complete reboot.

I get it with characters like Batman and Spidey, they benefit from the realistic world approaches that come with their reboots. To an extent.

But Indiana Jones, there was never any thematic point to try and tackle again (like Robocop and corporate greed etc) and I just don't see why anyone would want to see somebody else in that role re-hashing the old stories

and if they are gonna tell completely new stories, then create an original character and bring on a new franchise for a new generation to enjoy

Remaking would be foolish. Indy was the type of character that you know had MANY adventures, of which we've only seen 4. The possibilities are there.

TLC > RotLA

Period :dunno

picture.php

I think this is the best thing that's happened to Indy in a long time. The reason KoTCS fell flat was because of the Lucas's instance on these plot points that Spielberg and others hated.

Also, a reboot is a silly idea and makes about as much sense as re-making the OT of Star Wars. The only thing that MIGHT work is if they do a series of films with Indy has a young teen, like the short-lived TV show.

Wonder what Disney will monopolise next.

I told a friend last night that Disney needs to buy Angry Birds and then they will own just about every row in the toy isle at Target.

As for Indy, I am excited about the possibilities. I love Harrison just as much as anyone but they could probably only get one more film out of him and I would HATE if they continued with Shia. So I guess I would rather them take a young Indy approach...

Re-casting might seem like a bad idea to us but the younger generation probably would care less... so I suppose that is a real option.

I told a friend last night that Disney needs to buy Angry Birds and then they will own just about every row in the toy isle at Target.

As for Indy, I am excited about the possibilities. I love Harrison just as much as anyone but they could probably only get one more film out of him and I would HATE if they continued with Shia. So I guess I would rather them take a young Indy approach...

Re-casting might seem like a bad idea to us but the younger generation probably would care less... so I suppose that is a real option.

Well, I feel they have one more shot to give us an Indiana Jones Movie on the level of the first 3. I agree, Shia needs to go, and I don't think he'd be back anyway, because didn't he bad mouth a few people?

Also, I feel a lot of the younger generation know who Indiana Jones is, but who knows for sure. I will say a re-boot is not necessary for a younger generation when It's pretty easy to pop a Dvd or Blu-ray in and watch it for yourself. Also Home Theatre set-ups are really popular so you can come close to an original theatrical experience, which in-itself is a good and bad thing. After taking several college classes in Film History and World Cinema, I feel there's a lot of Classic and great movies out there for people discover, and I would rather show someone the classic original than a watered down remake.

I'm not an expert and don't claim to be. I'm just worried that Cinema is dying and with Icloud and watching stuff on your computer instantly is going to make movie theatres a relic of the past.

Also, a reboot is a silly idea and makes about as much sense as re-making the OT of Star Wars. The only thing that MIGHT work is if they do a series of films with Indy has a young teen, like the short-lived TV show.

I think that would be the best option for this franchise moving forward. I'm not sure I want a new film with Old married Indy and Shia Labouf. Definitely don't want a reboot either.

I think that would be the best option for this franchise moving forward. I'm not sure I want a new film with Old married Indy and Shia Labouf. Definitely don't want a reboot either.

Yeah, there is something about watching Indy in his Prime, and I dislike Shia Labouf too.

It is entirely possible that if they do one more indy film they don't mention any of the events in the 4th film.

Back