Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Disney/Fox Deal: Comcast For the Block...

the X-Men and Fantastic Four will remain out of Disney's grasp.

giphy.gif

Lol Dc fans would love that. If marvel don’t get the xmen or ff then the mcu will remain unfinished and grow stale.

If the deal doesn’t go through I’ll be done with the mcu. I know they’ll be scraping at the barrel for some replacement like they tried with inhumans and I won’t be there for that lol

Last edited:

The biggest reason against the Comcast deal is that amount of cash will lead to a potential tax hit due to capital gains limit but they get that money immediately for sure. The issue with Disney is stocks are volatile and if a world recession hits, there goes your stock value for awhile.

Last night, news broke that a federal judge had determined that AT&T’s proposed $85.4 billion purchase of Time Warner was legal, which has prompted Comcast to charge in with an all-cash offer of $65 billion to acquire much of Fox’s film and television assets. As it stands, Disney is offering $52.4 billion (all-stock).

It goes on to say Disney has only 5 days to make it's move.

cfe.gif

Think a bidding war is likely?

And AT&T will own WB... :lol

:lol :lol

Boo ya! Fox logo for OT SW preserved!! :yess: :blissy :rock

Now get that unaltered 1977 theatrical release (that they finally own 100%) restored and officially released stat!

Is there still time to add Hugh Jackman to IW2?? :pray: :D

Re: Disney/Fox Deal: Mouse Outbids Commies...

Lol, it just means that Fox has accepted Disney’s offer as an offer, so to speak.

Comcast can still come back with a higher bid and Fox can ‘accept’ their offer too. They use a different terminology in these kinds of deals.

But of course should Comcast not offer anything higher this will be the default, like it was before.

The question is how badly does Comcast want it - they’re a much bigger company than Disney and can easily outdo them. Just depends on what it’s worth to them.

Sure; comcast can still throw out another offer and try to outbid the Mouse.

Like you said, it all depends on who wants Fox more.

I'm rooting for Disney because I want to see the X-Men and the FF on screen with the Avengers.

DAMN!! Thats a lot of money. Makes me feel like a small potato when looking at my savings..... 8(

Back