Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Disney/Fox Deal: Comcast For the Block...

The Mouse will more than likely ***** slap Comcast before anything is final. :lol

Comcast is a worthy opponent.
Comcast is a monster on its own.

Comcast did this bid for a reason

If anything disney will have to higher the bid. Fox wins

Comcast can **** off. I want my new xmen damn it! Yellow outfits and galactus and doom!

didnt comcast buy universal too?

they are not to mess with

And Netflix has already surpassed Disney for the first time(by quite a margin at that too):

When the market closed on Thursday the streaming platform was up 1.3% with a share worth $349.29 and a market cap of approximately $161 billion. The House of Mouse, meanwhile, fell by 0.7% leaving their market cap at $152 billion.

Still hard to believe

That's the reason why Disney may push even harder - they want that Netflix mojo but can't pull it off with just their greatest hits library + Walt Presents: Squirrels!

And Netflix has already surpassed Disney for the first time(by quite a margin at that too):

When the market closed on Thursday the streaming platform was up 1.3% with a share worth $349.29 and a market cap of approximately $161 billion. The House of Mouse, meanwhile, fell by 0.7% leaving their market cap at $152 billion.

Still hard to believe

What hard to believe was a few years back people thought Nexflix was dead when there was a mass exodus of content that left the service and their stock plummeted to under 30 bucks. What a huge turnaround and some change for those that got in on that stock.

Comcast can **** off. I want my new xmen damn it! Yellow outfits and galactus and doom!

Even if Comcast gets Fox, the Marvel properties don’t go with them. The rights revert back to Marvel/Disney at that point. So no matter who buys Fox, we’ll get X-Men: Homecoming:lol

Fox owner Rupert Murdoch is only interested in doing business with the highest bidder and seeing as Comcast is likely to top Disney's $52.4 billion offer with a $60 billion all-cash bid, things could soon go in the company's favour. "Rupert, like his shareholders, are now fully aligned and simply want the best possible outcome, meaning the most dollars, whether that's cash or cash and stock."

"Rupert Murdoch is not set on selling to Disney," Greenfield continues. "This is a real opening for Comcast to come in with a very significant premium bid to where Disney is now." If Comcast nabs Fox, it means Universal will become a force to be reckoned with and the X-Men and Fantastic Four will remain out of Marvel's grasp.

Fox going for the big money. Will Disney take it as a slight or up their offer? Wonder how soon we'll know, the game is getting interesting now.

Fox going for the big money. Will Disney take it as a slight or up their offer? Wonder how soon we'll know, the game is getting interesting now.

Comcast gives them cash. Disney gives them stocks.
Fox wants cash. I doubt disney can do anything since they would just offer more stocks and Fox wants cash now

With Solo flopping and the Roseanne cancellation, the disney stock went down. so thats another thing that is scaring fox.
God bless Kathleen Kennedy for messing up the Fox/ disney deal :lol

Bummer. I really wanted Disney to retain the Fox logo for the SW OT and to see X-Men and Fantastic Four linked up with their other Marvel brothers and sisters.

Back