Disney premium format !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope its Jack Sparrow
If so I'll definitely order I want him as a Stand Alone Piece
Of Course if SS makes Davey Jones he just may have to be paired up with Jack
:D

I think it's going to be Jack Sparrow. They really need to start with a bang. If it isn't Jack, I think it would have to be Maleficent from Snow White, being Disney's first animated feature and all that entails. No other characters make sense as a first release.

Maleficent is from Sleeping Beauty. The Evil Queen is from Snow White.

Maleficent:

maleficent_02.jpg

Evil Queen:

WDCC-EVIL-QUEEN-2005-I.jpg

Maleficent is from Sleeping Beauty. The Evil Queen is from Snow White.

Maleficent:

maleficent_02.jpg

Evil Queen:

WDCC-EVIL-QUEEN-2005-I.jpg

And that just proves that I have no interest in the animated PF's. I don't care about the characters enough to keep their names straight. :)

Bring on Jack Sparrow!

I missed out on the old Maleficent Big Figure, from Disney, years back and I'm still kicking myself for it... so I would LOVE for a PF to be made!

Maybe its just because there is so much hype about her, but I kinda think Jessica Rabbit may be the first one we see. Jack would be a great choice as well.

Cool, bring on SDCC....

As for what the first PF will be, I'd say Jack has a good chance, but we did have Blackbeard very recently, so they may want to hold off on another 'pirate' so soon.
When ppl think Disney, one tends to think animated, so in a way it would make sense to start with an animated character. As such, I think the likely front runners are:

-Evil Queen and/or Maleficent
-Jessica Rabbit
-The Beast

For me Jessica or The Beast are an instant buy. I'd have to think a little about the Queen or Maleficent but if done right, I'd likely get that too. However, I think I'd only ever want one or the other and I suspect both will be made at some point in time.

With the updated info that 4-5 PF's are likely for 2010, I think its very likely that at least one will be released in the first batch that everyone will want.

The downside is that they could release a number that I really want in the first year and what with price rises, etc that could really hurt.

Man I can't wait to see all of them. And I hope I don't want all of them or I'm with you, four to five in a year could hurt. But I'm willing to drop other things for this line.

I think I'm going to be able to go to SDCC so it will be great if they have the first Disney PF there to look at.

I know there is alot of talk of Jessica Rabbit, Jack Sparrow, Jack from NBC, and Tron but personally I think they should start with a classic animated character since that is what you think of when you think Disney.

I would love to see the Evil Queen from Snow White be the first one since she was in the first full length Disney animated film. If not her, then Maleficent.

Sideshow should not just stick to the characters that would appeal to the more typical Sideshow fans such as Rocketeer, Tron, and Jack Sparrow.

I think Sideshow should try to broaden its appeal to collectors of Disney figurines that are more into things like the Disney princesses or Mickey Mouse.

For example, I would also like to see the "good" characters like Cinderella and Snow White get the PF treatment.

A character that has a huge fan base and attract tons of new people to the Sideshow brand is Tinkerbell.

I would also like to see some of the "cute talking animals" characters like Goofy or Donald Duck or Uncle Scrooge. I would LOVE to see a Premium Format Uncle Scrooge done in the style of Carl Barks.

My point is that Sideshow should not just cater to its regular fan base with the Disney license but instead should cater to a broader group to attract more people to Sideshow. There is a large group of collectors, myself included, who collect the porcelain Walt Disney Classics Collection. Many of those people will be very interested in the Sideshow Disney PF line.

One more comment, in an earlier post in this thread someone said something like "are there even people who buy Disney statues that are $300?". I assure you there are. And there are Disney figurines such as the upper end Walt Disney Classics Collection Signature Series and the Disney Armani and the larger Disney Goebels and the Italian Laurenz Capodimonte that don't just sell in the $300 but sell in the thousands.

I'll be happy if one of the following is first.

Captain Hook
Aladdin
Jafar
Hercules
Hades
Jessica Rabbit
Gaston
Donald Duck
Sorcerer Mickey
Darkwing Duck
Goofy
Captain Jack Sparrow

Though i'll order any right away except Tron and The Rocketeer.

I certainly hope they do the Princesses in PF. Those are ones I really would like to have. Will be especially nice to have should I ever have a daughter. And I'm down for almost any animated character they have. Live action not so much.

I certainly hope they do the Princesses in PF. Those are ones I really would like to have. Will be especially nice to have should I ever have a daughter. And I'm down for almost any animated character they have. Live action not so much.

I hope if they make Princess Aurora she's sleeping. If they want to make an awake version go with Briar Rose.

I really think they think the Disney stuff is going to be more popular than it will be.

I really think they think the Disney stuff is going to be more popular than it will be.

The porcelain Walt Disney Classics Collection WDCC was hugely popular a few years ago but interest has dropped. I collect alot of Disney figurines of many different brands and in general interest has dropped and the poor economy hasn't helped either. Sideshow products such as the Star Wars, Marvel and Lord of the Rings, which I also collect, seem to be much more popular and hold their secondary market value more than the Disney stuff I collect so I suspect that you are right that the Disney stuff may not be as popular as Sideshow thinks it will be.

On the other hand, if they only make 4 or 5 Premium Formats a year that is not alot from the point of view of a WDCC collector since the WDCC makes as many as 40 new figurines each year. So 4 or 5 PFs may sell out quickly.

I hope if they make Princess Aurora she's sleeping. If they want to make an awake version go with Briar Rose.

Hmm, that would be cool, but I think I would prefer her to be awake. If she's asleep, she needs the bed and that's gonna have a huge footprint.

Back