Disney premium format !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same problem as Chewie. Hair/fur = no figure.

Maybe not because Sully's fur is alot shorter than Chewies. It'll still be difficult and maybe outside of their current ability, but I think it would be easier than Chewie's long fur.

i'm a little worried about ssc flooding with disney stuff all of a sudden. anyone see that last newsletter. there were like 5 or 6 disney items. offering jessica rabbit busts is not going to help sales of a jessica pf.

I certainly hope they do the Princesses in PF. Those are ones I really would like to have. Will be especially nice to have should I ever have a daughter. And I'm down for almost any animated character they have. Live action not so much.

I want those as well. No real interest in the live action ones, but Belle, Ariel, Briar Rose, Snow White, etc along with the Beast, Jessica and the like.

I'm fully prepared that there is a very good chance I'll want 3 of the first 5 and am budgeting accordingly. Of course the fact that nothing much else of interest has been released or announced for sometime is really helping. Its looking like I may well go this whole year without buying a single PF.

As for other Disney items, I've been totally holding back on SS other items, be them bust's or some of the Electric Tiki ones (especially of Jessica), since at the end of the day, what I really want is a Jessica PF, even tho it will cost 2-3 times as much.

So I'm counting on the PF line going on for a good number of years and hence over time, I will get the ones I really want. But since it took SS 4 years to get the license, I can't see them dropping it any time soon.

My biggest concern about this line is the holes that could be left when all is said and done.

I was thinking more along the lines of the POTA PF. I know its not fully covered in fur, but I think its a start and Sully could be another step toward Chewie. But maybe I'm just dreaming.

A 1/4 scale, non-poseable statue is a pretty different story to 1/6 action figure. The larger scale and the fact that you don't need to make allowances for the fur moving means that you could glue it directly to the body and have it look right.

While still not easy, I think Sully is very do-able. (Ew. That doesn't sound right at all. At the very least he'd need to wax first.)

Yes they need to make Beast. Gaston too! No ones as collectable as Gaston! :lol

As heavy as Gaston.....

As glued and as stitched as Gaston...

My biggest concern about this line is the holes that could be left when all is said and done.

I think no matter what happens that's unavoidable from someone's point of view. I mean, 7 dwarfs... would not have all done mean a hole is left and thats just from 1 movie, the Disney library is HUGE!!!!!

I'm starting to now wonder about Exclusives, will they have them or not. If not, then I can buy local, which will make things easier and cheaper.
But if there are Ex's, then its all going to depend on what it is.
Just think if with Ariel, the Ex was an in-scale polystone Sebastian or with Belle you get her holding Lumiere and then with the Beast you could have Cogsworth or Mrs Potts trying to calm him down.

If that was the case I'd just have to get the Ex's, as such they would be at least $350 maybe $400, then I postage to down here and exchange rate on top of that. O'hell, I'm going to need a second job......

I would expect exclusives. Almost everything else has an exclusive. Let's just hope that on some of them the exclusive is very passable.

As for the holes, I know there will be holes, so that's what my concern is, who will be left out.

I would expect exclusives. Almost everything else has an exclusive. Let's just hope that on some of them the exclusive is very passable.

One would really think so, which then adds a whole new list of possibilities. But yes, in a way here's hoping some are very passable, tho knowing my luck, that will be the ones I won't be getting anyway.

As for the holes, I know there will be holes, so that's what my concern is, who will be left out.

Now hold your horses, right now I think we have a big enough problem (and list) of what to include, without worrying about what maybe missed.
Even so, at the end of the day, as long as my top 4-5 are done and done well, then I'll still be pretty happy, I mean its 4-5 that till Christmas last year, I never knew there was any possibility of any happening.

Now hold your horses, right now I think we have a big enough problem (and list) of what to include, without worrying about what maybe missed.
Even so, at the end of the day, as long as my top 4-5 are done and done well, then I'll still be pretty happy, I mean its 4-5 that till Christmas last year, I never knew there was any possibility of any happening.

Sorry I'm a pessimist, my mind automatically jumps to what can go wrong. :lol

Firstly, I'll explain my perspective. I'm a 1/6 collector first and foremost. I like to group figures together in scenes. I'm also space limited. I live in a 1300 sq ft home, though one bedroom/office is dedicated to my toys. 2nd, I live on decent but relatively modest income. I say that because I know what an incomplete grouping looks like and also live under the realities of how a PF collection of 20+ can't work.

With all that in perspective, I don't imagine PF lines to be "complete" or "incomplete". From their very nature of being standalone statues on pedestals I don't see them as anything other than individual one offs. Sometimes based on the costume or stance they can be partnered up, but usually not.

I can imagine individual collectors establishing a group of their favorite characters and considering that as a basis for a "complete" collection, but something as broad as Disney, I don't think you can lump collectors together to say "anything short of xyz is incomplete" or "if they don't do all the princesses its incomplete".

I just can't put that on the same scale as SSC not doing Gimli in the 1/6th line or Chewbacca in SW or something where pretty much all collectors of those lines are of like mind.

Disney is too broad, too big, too diverse to say what a complete collection should contain, except in your own personal way.

I would expect exclusives. Almost everything else has an exclusive. Let's just hope that on some of them the exclusive is very passable. As for the holes, I know there will be holes, so that's what my concern is, who will be left out.

Best Case Scenario they do like Dinosauria items and include a skull or a smaller display item that isn't essential. Worst Case Scenario they use it for accessories where items like The Beast would come with a 1/4 scale Rose under glass or The Evil Queen would come with the Hunter's Box or even Jafar would come with Iago.

Worst Case Scenario they use it for accessories where items like The Beast would come with a 1/4 scale Rose under glass or The Evil Queen would come with the Hunter's Box or even Jafar would come with Iago.

Or Pinocchio with Jiminy Cricket. Or Ariel with Sebastian. They could make exclusives must-haves. :drool

Or Pinocchio with Jiminy Cricket. Or Ariel with Sebastian. They could make exclusives must-haves. :drool
As I stated before, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey with Broom and Bucket Excusive would be a must have as well! :rock

mickey-l.jpg

Last edited:
Back