Disney premium format !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that could work, tho it's just as likely we may get a print, tho then I guess it could be her playing.. hanky panky :lol

Either way I don't care, just make her awesome and make it now.

Not sure about the print : there was none with the first PFs and I doubt SSC has the license to produce them.
Disneystore.com has a huge artwork section. So they might not like another manufacturer selling prints (they're not even promoting SSC products :slap )

On the other hand, it might be an good selling incentive.

I really don't know :dunno. I was so ecstatic when this line was announced. There are already great releases in this line-up. And SSC expanding the license to female characters was a great news too. I'm very interested in the Snow White that was hinted.

If SSC was to produce them, I'd buy :
- bad guys : Jafar, Hades, Prince John, Captain Nemo
- "princesses" : Jasmine, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins
- good guys : the Beast, Merlin
... on the top of my head :monkey3

But with the relatively poor sales, I'm starting to wonder if we'll see a 2012 line up :(

Last edited:
Here's the weird thing, they aren't promoting their own products Sideshow is doing, but they have Marvel PF and Comiquettes.

Here's the weird thing, they aren't promoting their own products Sideshow is doing, but they have Marvel PF and Comiquettes.

Yep I noticed that. They're promoting long time and high end collectibles partners (Swarovski, Olszewski, Lennox), newer and cheaper ones (Funko), very few Marvel Sideshow. But Disney Sideshow is nowhere to be found.
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I think they should be selling these in the Parks too. They sell Marvel and Monster PF's at Universal.

Didn't you hear? They aren't selling these in parks because they want to keep them limited. As in so limited the line is cancelled after only 6 products limited. :lol

Way to go Sideshow!

It really is a bit of a slap in the face after the big Christmas 2009 video announcement. So much promise and potential and yet the most obvious things to do, have so far not been done.

Still, I've gone on about it all before, so at this stage it's just a matter of waiting and hoping that things are 'fixed' before it's too late.

But just look at how hard it is to get the Evil Queen now and imagine how much faster that would have sold out, if it was know a matching Snow White was coming 12 months after.

I am starting to think we will get two more years tops from this line. Jessica will sell due to *ahem* a couple of reasons, but the announced Tron and hinted at Snow White? I just don't know.

But there are so many wonderful characters out there who I'm not sure will ever get made.

That said, I'm grateful for what we have. I've got all the Disney pf's except Dastan, and love 'em more than my other pieces.

Didn't you hear? They aren't selling these in parks because they want to keep them limited. As in so limited the line is cancelled after only 6 products limited. :lol

Way to go Sideshow!

(My sarcasms detector might not have the right settings for the Freaks board yet so I have to ask)

Really ?!? :thud: When you say "they", do you mean Disney or Sideshow ?

Because if you put some PFs on Harrington's shelves on Main Street, for all these tens of thousands daily visitors to see, you can be sure people will stop to watch, talk about them, take pictures and buy.

Even if PFs are fairly expensive, they will sell. Every time we go to the Park, I see customers spending several hundreds € for WDCC pieces, jewels and porcelains.

Anyway, I too am very pleased to have some of my favorite characters in PF format. But it'd be a shame (and a huge waste of opportunity) if the line ends with Jessica and Snow White.

Sideshow said that when they first announced the line. Whether it was their choice or something in the contract that Disney preferred it that way is just speculation (I believe, but I could be wrong and missed additional info).

I think pretty much everyone agrees with you that selling these in the Parks would be a big hit and there is a huge opportunity for the line to blow up that is being squandered.

I just submitted the folowing to Ask Sideshow:

Hello, I had a purely marketing-related question. Is there any chance of the Disney PF's being sold at Disney Parks or on Disneystore.com? I'm a huge fan and I'm worried that the line may end prematurely. Surely selling directly to Disney fans could give the line a "shot in the arm?"

Not sure if they can/will answer it, but thought I'd give it a try.

Hello, I had a purely marketing-related question. Is there any chance of the Disney PF's being sold at Disney Parks or on Disneystore.com? I'm a huge fan and I'm worried that the line may end prematurely. Surely selling directly to Disney fans could give the line a "shot in the arm?"

It really should be a no brainer!:slap

I would think that the answer would be "yes" but I'm just not seeing why Disney isn't already selling them in their parks or online. :dunno

(My sarcasms detector might not have the right settings for the Freaks board yet so I have to ask)

Really ?!? :thud: When you say "they", do you mean Disney or Sideshow ?

Because if you put some PFs on Harrington's shelves on Main Street, for all these tens of thousands daily visitors to see, you can be sure people will stop to watch, talk about them, take pictures and buy.

Even if PFs are fairly expensive, they will sell. Every time we go to the Park, I see customers spending several hundreds € for WDCC pieces, jewels and porcelains.

Anyway, I too am very pleased to have some of my favorite characters in PF format. But it'd be a shame (and a huge waste of opportunity) if the line ends with Jessica and Snow White.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic about Sideshow that throughout the life of this line they never took the initiative to market this license properly. In reality the potential huge success of this line could have allowed Sideshow to gain so much popularity that they can expand their lines further. Instead right from the start they basically said they only want to market to their current fan base. What kind of strategy is that? And do they not realize most of their current fan base is not the kind that likes Disney movies?

The general marketing and product choices really does make one wonder. For months the Evil Queen was in-stock and I was telling anyone that would listen, to buy it and get it now, it is simply that good.
It's was only till after some time that you start to read the posts of much much new owners love it and then those that wish they had got one and can't find it anywhere. Given that even Marvel, etc items can sit on wait lists for ages, the fact that the Evil Queen went from being in-stock for a long time to Sold Out before anyone really noticed proves that buyers are out there. It's just a matter of making what they want and letting ppl know about it.

I agree wholeheartedly, Guru. I know Maleficent had her sure of detractors, but the Rocketeer is amazing, and I love my Chernabog.

I can't believe these aren't sold out.

Oh, and with all the Rocketeer anniversary celebrating lately? No better time to get the advertising out. Come on, SS...you have to diversify...people who like Aliens, Freddy, Vampirella and Terminator are NOT your target Disney demographic!

Gonna send the same question.

You guys raise very good points and I think someone should bring them up to Sideshow at their SDCC Meet and Greet event.

Can't wait for a Jessica Rabbit, would buy two if there are pink and red dresses.

Next I would want most is Beast! Preferably yelling and has a pissed off look!

Jafar would be awesome, but if Captain Hook the way he looks is barely selling, I don't know who would be popular or not :(

Maybe Genie?

I know who I would love to buy, but not too sure how well they will do. love the ones they put out so far, much better than pics show off.

Robin Hood would be an instant buy for me. Given the way this line I'll be shocked and sad if it happens.

Back