Disappointed in New Offerings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dem's fightin' words, dude! Bowen Designs is a helluva company. They've been producing quality sculpts for many years now including statues of characters we classic Marvel fans thought we'd never get.

BB

Hey, don't worry, I love my Bowen FB Thor, but I need to get rid of it for cash. :lol

But also, I have seen some really crap paint apps on some Bowen statues before, so.....

Mainly I was compairing the high quality work that SSC usually does to that new IM statue. Just lloks blah compared to most of their stuff, especially compared to the new GS vs SS Dio!!!!

I liked a lot of the stuff, but most of it wasn't for me. Not complaining about that, as I do highly appreciate that SSC does these kinds of things for the fans. I think more companies in general need to follow SSC's design for customer service and fan appreciation!

The main thing I could be "mad" at is the Dino Dio. First, SSC only comes through with one JP dio and then jumps to their own stuff and leaves us out to hang. I was more than ready to begin a killer group of JP dios, PFs and whatever, but now I'm just sad! :monkey2 Not to say the SSC's own Dino Dio doesn't look great cause it does, but just disappointing in the end with the direction they took.

All in all, very happy with my first of many Spooktaculars!!!! Thanks so much SSC, you guys rock!!!! :rock :rock

Though I would've liked to have seen a LotR 12" announcement, I think the things they did offer were great. The Beserker is awesome, but I only want a couple of PFs from LotR and I'm waiting for other characters. A 12" of this would've made my Spook!

I ordered the Mark 1 and I had several things convert, so I'm happy. Winning a contest would be a nice bonus. :)

The offerings at this years spook has been some of the most amazing that ive seen at any SSC event. we usually get bobbleheads and keychains.

I think that they have announced alot of great stuff, I never had any intention of getting anything LOTR but after seeing that PF yesterday I had to order it. I think that the Iron Man will impress people whenit comes out and the Hulk dio is the best thing during this event that thing is just sick.

Although I don't appreciate the name calling and nasty references to doo-doo, I can understand if people like the new stuff. I just don't think the new stuff look all that good. I've bought about 40K worth of stuff and I love sideshow, but the new stuff just looks a little off to me. No wow factor for me. The beserker is the best of the new offerings, but I find the stance a little wierd. Oh well, so my opinion doesn't mean much, it's okay, but I would appreciate more civil differences of opinion. Critique has an important role in asking for better stuff in the future.

People should be civil - but with so much stuff announced and much of it really pushing the bar in the looking cool department, I think people are a bit surprised at the generalization about the new offerings. Not all of them are things I'd want (in fact, none) and I dearly wish they would announce some other stuff that I am interested in - but the stuff that did premiere is pretty darn neat.

Amateurish? I searched for an emoticon of a little smiley face fishing and reeling in a tiny box labeled "insults". Sadly I couldn't find one, but I wager it would be very apropos. ;)

For me, the Dinosauria Dio was great and I ordered it. The Berserker is another wonderful item but my wife exercised her veto power because she said it is too gory to be displayed in the house. Barring that veto, I would have ordered the Berserker too!

The only complaint I have is that there is no LOTR 12-inch figure annoucement! Give me the Dwarf, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.................

For me, the Dinosauria Dio was great and I ordered it. The Berserker is another wonderful item but my wife exercised her veto power because she said it is too gory to be displayed in the house. Barring that veto, I would have ordered the Berserker too!

The only complaint I have is that there is no LOTR 12-inch figure annoucement! Give me the Dwarf, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.................

Put that thought on-hold...............................:monkey1:lol

the only Amateurish thing Sideshow has been offering is The Dead Variants and thats even more like Milkingish than Amateurish .

I'm pissed Leia was made once again in PF and no Emperor or Stromtrooper. It was going good to.

Hate to be negative, but I am a little surprised at the recent offerings. Not thrilled with any of them. The iron man marquette, beserker, new rex, creature... The sculpts look surprisingly amateurish and for some reason none of them look like sideshow pieces. Is it just me? I didn't order anything new, which makes my wallet happy.

It all looked perfect to me :)

Back