Disappointed in New Offerings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kierbaudy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hate to be negative, but I am a little surprised at the recent offerings. Not thrilled with any of them. The iron man marquette, beserker, new rex, creature... The sculpts look surprisingly amateurish and for some reason none of them look like sideshow pieces. Is it just me? I didn't order anything new, which makes my wallet happy.

:lol the Berserker, Rex look amateurish ...... :rotfl ... your fn nuts ...

I'm not disappointed with their offerings, they are all top notch offerings (well, except the variant Zombies . . . .). Just would have liked to have been offered something I wanted. GI Joe.

:horror:horror The Beserker is one of the best pieces SSC has done! Can't see how anyone would think that looks amateurish. :dunno

I think the offerings are fine. Better to get a few offerings,than none at all.

They dont do caca threads like these anymore these days.

I don't know, I think the IM looks beloew even Bowens standars. Not really a LOTR fan, but do like the previous PF offerings and I don't think the Berserker PF quite looks up to par either. Paint looks off to me and kinda sloppy.

The Zombies, I'm ok with, as I don't have either of them yet. And the rest is just not for me, so I can't say to much. Love my new Babysitter and thinking of getting the 805 next week.

Though I was hoping for either a new Zombie or G.I. Joe, it doesn't look like it now. And I'm guessing we won't be getting an AH! statue, as I doubt they would use one figure to fill up the last 2 spots, but then you never know??!!

I'm dissapointed that I didn't find any of the new products as a "must have"...
no BIG announcements...
nothing groundbreaking...
But they show awesome sculpts and SS quality, so...I guess for the people interested in those pieces it's great...!

Amateurish?? :lol
Bizzaro%20Man-720098.jpg

Most people begin these threads when there is nothing THEY want premiered....personally I like all the offerings, except the variant Zombies, and bought stuff I never intend. Top notch.

I don't think the items look poor quality, but they certainly aren't items I'm interested in. I just collect 1/6th scale figures and I was hoping for GI Joe, Indy, LOTR, SW, or a fun new line like Ghostbusters or something and nothing like that appeared.

Only 1/6th figures they offered were either imports or repaints of 2 dead figures!

I don't know, I think the IM looks beloew even Bowens standars.

Dem's fightin' words, dude! Bowen Designs is a helluva company. They've been producing quality sculpts for many years now including statues of characters we classic Marvel fans thought we'd never get.

BB

The other thing that is a bit of a let down is not counting exclusives and repaints, SSC is really only offering like 6 or 7 new products of their own making. Seems a bit on the light side.

Hate to be negative, but I am a little surprised at the recent offerings. Not thrilled with any of them. The iron man marquette, beserker, new rex, creature... The sculpts look surprisingly amateurish and for some reason none of them look like sideshow pieces. Is it just me? I didn't order anything new, which makes my wallet happy.

Yep. It's you. :monkey3

I don't collect all of the lines that premired new items but I still think all look outstanding...except for the variant zombies which suck.

I don't collect the LOTR 1/4 line but I have to admit that the Beserker is awesome. :drool

There wasn't anything great 1/6 scale announced but to be honest SS's focus has been shifting away from 1/6 figures for a while.

i didnt order anything but the pieces were great!!! and no they didnt look amatuerish. there was nothing i collect on the list and the last 2 spots will probably be for a new dead figure and its exclusive. it doesnt bother me cuz SS offers great stuff all year round. we just get spoiled during these special events. thanks for a great spooktacular once again SS. you guys are still the best.:wave

Back