Director Tony Scott dead in apparent suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize this isn't the place to criticize his movies...right? It's just not.

So either take it like a man, or move on. :lol

The girl is awesome, and her performance was integral to making the film a modern classic.

The steel drum theme is almost as important.

The idea of watching those opening shots of Detroit, with her monologue, and any other music...it's just plain blasphemous.

Blasphemer.

I know you're not insulting the director. You're insulting a beloved element (my favorite part, in fact) of the movie, made by the guy to whom this thread is dedicated.

If you had bad things to say about it, this wasn't the place.

I know you're not insulting the director. You're insulting a beloved element (my favorite part, in fact) of the movie, made by the guy to whom this thread is dedicated.

If you had bad things to say about it, this wasn't the place.

tumblr_m7xstpvy1u1rqp15u.gif

I already said Im sorry, I actually chose a really cute girl to say it,
what else do you want from me? WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT???
tumblr_ljzm9rD7zi1qixleeo1_250.gif

okay, I will be honest, Alabama had a nice bod, she was kinda cute, I will give you that,
I guess what made me the angriest about the movie, honestly, it was just the music, it really ruined it for me, I think if it had better music the girl would have been fine, and I know some of you like the music too, but it was really awful to hear it

i am not even the only person to think so, there is even a Thread about this on IMDB already, I was surprised to find it when I was looking over there:
One of the worst film scores ever.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108399/board/thread/183240184

The music is one of the best elements of the film in and of itself and also because it is an homage to the equally awesome and classic 1973 movie Badlands starring Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen. I saw True Romance when it came out and only saw Badlands for the first time a few years ago, but I recognized the music and the other similarities right away. The similarities don't make True Romance a lesser movie, they just show Tony Scott knew a good thing when he saw it (which he would have been the first one to admit).

From Wikipedia:

The film's score by Hans Zimmer is a theme based on Gassenhauer from Carl Orff's Schulwerk. This theme combined with a voiceover spoken by Arquette is an homage to Terrence Malick's 1973 crime movie Badlands, in which Sissy Spacek speaks the voiceover, and that also shares similar dramatic motifs.

The music is one of the best elements of the film in and of itself and also because it is an homage to the equally awesome and classic 1973 movie Badlands starring Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen. I saw True Romance when it came out and only saw Badlands for the first time a few years ago, but I recognized the music and the other similarities right away. The similarities don't make True Romance a lesser movie, they just show Tony Scott knew a good thing when he saw it (which he would have been the first one to admit).

From Wikipedia:

The film's score by Hans Zimmer is a theme based on Gassenhauer from Carl Orff's Schulwerk. This theme combined with a voiceover spoken by Arquette is an homage to Terrence Malick's 1973 crime movie Badlands, in which Sissy Spacek speaks the voiceover, and that also shares similar dramatic motifs.

some people were mentioning that in the IMDB as well,
it still sounds like the Rugrats Theme song to me

Blackmask is coming into a Tony Scott Semi Dedication thread, talking about how much he hated True Romance (Which he's said it's ****** or whatever those astriks mean), hated the leads, the music, the direction ect.....and I'm the troll?

I love this guy!

filmrevue_22_vincenzo_pic_ucf68193.jpg

I don't think they know yet.

I hate suicide. The only reason I could justify it, is if he was sick. And perhaps he was, and no one knew it. We'll find out. But suicide sucks ass. And it should never happen.

Yep same.

The thought of cancer and the ultimate choice he made got me thinking about choices people make in general. Like, "what would I do if I had cancer and it was inoperable". Especially when I think about my loved ones who have died from cancer. But if he just offed himself for personal reasons and didn't suffer from any illness, I dunno.

Back